which pick up would be better? i am going to put one in the bridge of my guitar and i dont know which one to go with.
gibson pretty much suck at making high out put pickups. i'd go with the invader, out of those two anyway.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I take it you like Tom Delonge's tone. And the Invader is better.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
well its obvious that you like tom delonge, it depends, the invader sounds better on distortion, but the dirty fingers sounds great on clean.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Tell us what guitar you have, and it will help us out a lot.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
the gibson definately, as it can clean up pretty well while been able to make it sound awesome. the invader is good too but its not as high output and its not as versatile at the same time, its better as a rhythm pickup in my opinion.
id jus like to point out that derek, gibson pickups Don't Suck you just think they do, at least give a reason why.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
gibson don't know sh*t about high out put ceramic pick ups. go invader, but i think you'd be happier with the full shred. or some swineshead pick ups.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

i have an assortment of pick ups in my guitars from EMGs to P-90s and texMex fender and i also have an invader in the bridge of my tele, its thick, chunky, and meaty on dirty settings. clean settings its not the best for. but i'll assume that because you are shopping these two, you're looking for crunch. so for what its worth, i like my invader (but i still want a dirty fingers also) i have EMG 81/60 on a different guitar and the invader get much more chug. if your into palm muted riffs and/or pinch harmonics, the invader is the real deal. im not bashing my EMG's cause i love them too, but my fav ax, is by far the tele.
Quote by SG6578
well its obvious that you like tom delonge, it depends, the invader sounds better on distortion, but the dirty fingers sounds great on clean.

i politely disagree.

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by gpderek09
gibson don't know sh*t about high out put ceramic pick ups. go invader, but i think you'd be happier with the full shred. or some swineshead pick ups.

your an idiot. im sure gibson know that much.

^^ i have a set. they're muddy as hell.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

you could always switch to your neck pup for clean tones. and load that with a kick ass clean pup.
well i have the 496r and 500t (if you didnt notice) and i couldnt be happier. i much prefer them to my emgs. emgs are good if you want a straight talking metal tone or clean but theyr not very raunchy at all and not very suited for crunch. i'd expect them to work well with mesa/boogie amps. my gibson pickups are clear, heavy when i want them to be but also very clean when i want them, they sound very much alive, plus they suit any tone in between, especially light light gain as you can play normally and it sounds clear and then when you hit em hard you damn well know it. i guess if you feel that way me trying to convince you wont change your opinion, but i love my gibson pickups. and p.s. im Very meticulous when it comes to tone.

archer, i'm assuming you have the gibson flying V then? me too. and the pick ups are muddy. VERY, muddy. only thing they're really good for are quick shredy leads, imo.

i have an alnico 498R in my epi LP and i much preffer it.

threadstarter: if you find the invaders cleans to be lacking, check out the duncan full shred. opeth use it, and they have great tone all around. sweet fluid cleans, and distortion that whipps your ass. good pickups in general.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

i have an invader, yeah it's fits those above descriptions alright. i always wanted to try a dirty fingers but ive only heard it in blink 182s last cd. some anyway, the rest and AVA sound pretty damn effected. i think an invader would be better as it was used more often, and as said if you dont like the cleans switch to the neck pup.
I wouldn't get either of them - the Dirty fingers is way over priced and the Invader is downright awful. Just get a Duncan Custom and be done with it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
your an idiot.

I bolded the irony.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
I recently purchaced the Gibson Dirty Fingers and had it installed with the coil tap feature. I'm also a HUGE fan of Tom, htus the reason i put it into my Epiphone Dot Studio. to the man who wants to put it into his Dot, DO IT!!! if you have a decent amp, the semi-hollow qulaities of the Dot, combined with the heat of the Dirty Fingers, you'll get an awesome sound that sounds just like tom's gibson. i would highly suggest getting it coil tapped to. a good pot is around $16. it gives it a good single pickup/strat sound. Also, the clean on this pickup is beautiful. its got some punch, but not enough to make you think twice.
I've played a strat with an Invader and it does sound good, but like stated above, only with rythm and pinch harmonics. If you want a modern, awesome pickup with a sweet side, then the Dirty Fingers is for you.