Ok, so I'm looking into buying a new amp for harder rock, metal etc. (A7X, Deftones, BfmV, Tool, Incubus, etc.), and I'm wondering if you guys could suggest a good Tube amp betwen the range of 65 and 80 watts. Just the model and whether it's a combo or a head.

Also, I've heard that the Peavy XXX 120 2x12 sounds quite good when the tubes are not being pushed, which is uncommon for a tube amp, but would that me more worth loking into?

Thanks in advance
Quote by NAME GOES HERE

Did you see what I did there? I made fun of his mom!
i would like to be the first to suggest a marshall. dsl or tsl would be perfect and they come in many a shape and size.

go to a shop and try em outs best idea.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
I'd say a XXX would fit the bill very nicely. It's great that you can play them with full distortion at low volumes. The 5150 is also like that.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
hm, i'd probably say either a traynor ycv 50 blue + a boost.

the XXX would be good, but i don't think you'd like it much. it's worth a try. i have on and am happy with it, but it just doesn't sound like your kind of amp.

to follow up on the marshall suggestions, check out splawn, they modd the marshalls.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
hmm i mite have a look at splawn myself lol
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
www.rocksolidamps.com has sound clips and they sell them.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile