I've got a Gibson V with active EMG pickups that run on a 9V battery, and I rather not put the battery under the pickguard b/c I don't want to have to take the whole thing apart every time I need to change the battery. So, I am thinking about routing a hole for one of the 9V battery packs. Does anybody have any experience with Gibson Vs and EMGs, or any other ideas of how to store the battery. I don't like it just hanging off of the guitar in anyway, so I am thinking that one of the battery dwells might be the best idea. Can anyone give me any advice at all on this issue. Thanks in advance@@!
I heard that the 9v battery only needs changed like once a year or so. Is it really that much of a problem to put it somewhere that you won't have to route out?

I'd really recommend that you don't route it. Especially because it's a Gibson. If there's space under the pickguard to store the battery, put it there.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Battery box:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Battery_clips_and_holders/Battery_Boxes.html

Routing template:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Routing_templates/Battery_Box_Template.html

Route the back of the guitar near the front control cavity so you can easily drill a hole between the two.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Xenn99
I heard that the 9v battery only needs changed like once a year or so. Is it really that much of a problem to put it somewhere that you won't have to route out? .

EMGs last about 3000 hours acording to the EMG product data sheet on their site.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?