Poll: Which guitar for the money?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar for the money?
Epiphone LP Custom plus 3pickup see thru black flame $430
31 61%
Epiphone LP Classic quilt top blue $300
11 22%
Agile AL 2000 LP Tiger eye flame top $199
9 18%
Voters: 51.
Pickups arent a consideration replacing both.

#1 Epiphone limited edition Custom 3 LP black flame top 3 buckers, prob mahog/alder body mix.-- $430

#2 Epiphone LP Classic quilt top blue quilted mahog/alder --$300

#3 Agile AL2000 Tiger Eye finish mahog/maple neck --$199
Of those three the black flame LP Custom.

Although I recommend that you try an Epi LP Standard Plain Top before you buy any of those. If you can't try the black flame custom, try a Black Beauty. It should be about the same.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
first of all Try being original and NOT getting a LP ( jsut my opinion ) If u still wanna get one go for the 2nd one. Shes a Beaut!
depends on what you want....
number 1 will probably give you the widest range of tones...
but if you want a damn goodlooking guitar...
number 2
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
Last edited by outofmyelement? at Jun 8, 2006,
Quote by outofmyelement?
depends on what you want....
number 3 will probably give you the widest range of tones...
but if you want a damn goodlooking guitar...
number 2

Why would the agile have the largest range of sound? It's still a LP shape and still has two humbuckers. They'll all have a similar range of sound.

EDIT: you edited while I was wondering wtf you were smoking.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I would get the LP Classic. But where did you find it for $300 because I am looking for one myself.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
first of all Try being original and NOT getting a LP ( jsut my opinion ) If u still wanna get one go for the 2nd one. Shes a Beaut!
I just want to stop learning or progressing and be able to blame it on my guitar Nah I just like the shape and it will be my 3rd and final electric for a while anyway.
get the second one, the first one's horrible.
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
^I've only seen them for $440 on Musician's Friend.

I'd also like to know where he found that Custom for only $430...those are like $600..and discontinued.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
wire up the pups with some push pull pots to turn bridge and middle on or neck and middle with some SuperD's or go 85 br/ 89 tapper middle/ 60 neck
Well, 3 humbuckers is a little overkill, and looks a fool if you ask me. Go for the Classic, they have a sweet thin neck, and that one looks an absolute killer! Of course what matters is which one YOU like better lol.
Oh my God that Trans black flametop is awesome. BUY IT! With coil tapping that thing would be amazing. Plus, for $430 you can't beat it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Im not sure I like the Custom trim and the flame black but if the neck on the Classic is thinner Ill take teh Classic. Anybody know if teh Custom is a 50s neck or 60s? I know teh classic is a 60s slim taper.

Change to gold tailpiece, bridge, tuners, pup rings with open zebra coils on the blue quilt
Last edited by CustomCustom at Jun 8, 2006,
Quote by CustomCustom
Im not sure I like the Custom trim and the flame black but if the neck on the Classic is thinner Ill take teh Classic. Anybody know if teh Custom is a 50s neck or 60s? I know teh classic is a 60s slim taper.

Please make that readable... teh...
All Epi necks are based on the 60's slim taper. They're by far the most comfortable necks I've ever played. If you're worried about it, just go try an Epi LP Custom. It will be identicle except for the extra humbucker. It should be the same as an Epi LP Custom Black Beauty.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
If you get an Agile, get one in the same price range as the others, Agile makes great guitars but at $200 the quality of the parts won't be quite up to par, unless with the money you save you get some DiMarzios for it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by isan
I would go for this instaed it pwns all the others IMO
http://www.rondomusic.net/al3100mop.html

i agree with this man, that guitar is so badass
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I think the 1st one is ugly... And i hate three pickups, no picking room and it looks silly.

Just me but, i voted the agile. Its like 1/3 cheaper and probably as good or better. Its also quite original, and you could use the left over money to upgrade pikcups....
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^^ the more I think about it that seems to make sense an all mahogany body, both epi and agile have 1/16th inch tops, the agile has maple neck but thinner and the blue may be too "pretty" Im liking the tiger eye.