Doesn't seem to be too popular around here

What styles are you going to be playing? Price Range? Need an amp for Gigging? Home Practice? Playing with a band?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
With a name like alexi laiho, I assume your going to be playing metal? If your buying the Spyder, make sure your not buying it for the distortion settings (Line 6 will call them "amp models" - theyre not). The distortion it provides is mediocre at best, and the other effects are nothing specactular.

Plus you really need the pedal board for it in order to effectively use the channels (well I think so).

So I guess if your buying it, but it for it's clean tone (which isn't that great to begin with) and stick your own effects in front of it.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Your name is 'Sickwithline6' and you're reccomending a Spider II?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
no, they're horrible. no life, at all. get a roland cube 60 or something.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i was also checking out the kustom quad 100dfx. metal is my way, and i am looking for an amp for practice.
Dont buy the Line 6 it sounds horribly digital.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
For bedroom practice, the Line 6 Spider is not that bad, but I would go with a VOX AD30VT (I'm picking up one soon) or go for the Roland Cube 30.

PS 30w is all you really need for bedroom practice.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Coming from somebody who OWNS this amp id say its not as bad as people make it to be. That being said there are definetly better amps for the price. I like the vox's in this price range.
The cleans are pretty good and the effects are nice although you can't tweak them too much. The distortion is pretty mediocre so I wouldn't advise buying it.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by mingles
The cleans are pretty good and the effects are nice although you can't tweak them too much. The distortion is pretty mediocre so I wouldn't advise buying it.

This guy speaks the truth. I have a spider amp, and its ok for a practise amp, nothing more.