im goin to get a new guitar so i was wonderin what i should get......i play mostly metal like a7x, atreyu, mudvayne, stuff like that, and i play oldies like led zeppelin, van halen, iron maiden, black sabbath, stuff like that, and i also play some punk, like blink 182, green day, hawthorne heights, takin back sunday, stuff like that.
i have a metal zone distortion pedal, an ibanez gio, and an ibanez tone blaster TB15R. i am will to spend up to $1,000. what would be best for me?
So there I was, surrounded by Koreans....
You could look into some Schecters or high end Epiphones.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
i just got a jackson dxmg dinky, prolly the best guitar ive played, ever
i play music sorta close to you but im more along the lines of metal, no punk or oldies, im talking about nevermore opeth, i guess you could say deathmetal (no nevermores not deathmetal lol) yea
so go to guitar center or something and try it out. its a great guitar
hmmm ok ill consider that....which one would have more of a crunch sound?
prolly the schecters, jacksons are my perfect guitar company, so yea, just try em all out, theyll prolly have all of them at guitar center anyways
id say schector or ESP they should give you the sounds you want, just for reference tho a7x and atreyu arent metal
Quote by speonorin
i also play some punk, like blink 182, green day, hawthorne heights, takin back sunday, stuff like that.

I hate you. You deserve a viscious beating for calling Hawthorne Heights punk. None of the bands you listed are punk. They're pop-punk or EMO. And all of them but Green Day suck monkey ass.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
well i was just general...they are mostly a type of punk rock.....
Not really...Maybe Green Day and Blink, but the others are emo.

As for the guitar (so that I'm not being completely useless :p, Check out Epiphone Elitist SG's. I'm pretty sure they're right around $750. Then you'd have $250 left for pedals/amp savings/etc.

They're kind of hard to find though. I think they've been discontinued or something. They should suit the stuff you want to play perfectly though, because all of them have used an SG at some time or another (except maybe Blink...).

If you can't find one there's always the Gibson Standard SG for I think $1100.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ok.....what about esp? im looking at a couple right now...im liking the models and the builds....
Last edited by speonorin at Jun 8, 2006,
i absolutely love that font, what is it? it smells like a nice Comic Sans MS, circa 1984?

and ESPs are way too metal for your styles, they arent that versitile, the Epi Elitist SG and a tube combo would definitely be your best choice as your amp will make up most of your tone, look at a peavey valveking maybe
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 8, 2006,
Woah! The Epi Elitist SG is only $580?!? Go for that. There's no reason to get screwed by Gibson by paying an extra $520 for the name.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at Jun 8, 2006,
hmm....ok ill consider that....any other sugesstions for me to try? btw my font is comic sans
ok....im lookin at the schecters and im liking them......btw it is Comic Sans MS....try it...this is dark orange color, bold, comic sans ms
thread starter, what amp are u using? and what guitar do u have now?

ur looking for "crunch" just so u know most of that comes from ur amp.

also do u want a trem/floyd or fixed bridge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'd agree with the Epiphone SG Elite but if you want a tremelo then maybe a Schecter Hellraiser FR.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by guitarphillip
go with schecter

+1, you cant go wrong
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
where can u get the elitist for 580? the lerat iv seen is 600... interested in buying though
Quote by speonorin
i have a metal zone distortion pedal, an ibanez gio, and an ibanez tone blaster TB15R

it helps if you read the first post.....
ok well good luck then.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011