http://midtownrose.dmusic.com/

Ok, here's a few riffs I've been sitting on for a while. They sound really simple and punk rock-esque, but at about *1:08*, the song takes a turn for hard rock and metal.

I'm content, for now, with the solo's, although they will probably have to be changed soon.

At first, it may seem like a straightforward repetive song, but it gets better, trust me.

Crit for Crit.
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Jun 9, 2006,
type as i listen

pretty cool riff there

nice and speedy, maybe double up the drums :-D and get the trash beat lol

oooo i like the buildup to the first lead thing, and the first lead thing is cool

after the lead, hell ya, sweet riff

pulling the metallica again :-D which is a good thing, so dont feel bad, sweet leads though, very clean i like it

i like the tapping thing rpetty cool

good ending nice and energetic

cool song i love the strucuture!
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
That song is really good. I liked the stuff after it got a little heavier. The solo was really good too. Better than I can think up of. Im also listening to some of your other stuff, and all of it is really good. Mind critting some of these?
Metal riff

The Trooper

Crazy Train
I like the first intro riff. Then again, I'm not quite fond of the punk-esque licks. They sound a bit out of place as this is more hard rock song.

The lead guitar wasn't very creative, to be honest. You kinda ripped of Hammett there, which is not a very good thing. No big mess-ups there. Just try to get some more originality.

All in all, this is well produced song with a good sound quality. Maybe you could make this longer and add vocals.

Crit mine, please: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373100

Dude this is my kinda song! love hardrock youd like my new bands ****....
I liked the intro that was cool actually i thought all the riffs were cool i think once you put on vocals in a hardrock style it would counteract the punkyness. But yeah i liked it; i like the last solo entrance how the drums stopped, very cool. How to improve? umm nothing i could think of really as for the sound. i thought the cymbals sounded a bit too thin. Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370400
"Often licked never beaten......I wish"

"liquor in the front, poker in the back"
The tone was pretty good, the riffs were tight and together, it was really nice. However it didn't really keep my attention, and it seemed a little boring in some parts. But it wasn't horrible or anything. I give it 8/10.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Quote by Stratwizard
I like the first intro riff. Then again, I'm not quite fond of the punk-esque licks. They sound a bit out of place as this is more hard rock song.

The lead guitar wasn't very creative, to be honest. You kinda ripped of Hammett there, which is not a very good thing. No big mess-ups there. Just try to get some more originality.

Yeah, they do sound out of place, but they were written first, and the hard rock stuff came after.

I know what you mean about the leads and you're right, they're very hammet like. I dont intentionally try and do so, it's just a bad habit. Plus, my theory's barely passable, so for now, I'm stuck on pentatonics mostly.

thanks for the listen, guys.
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Jun 9, 2006,
"it gets better, trust me"

Dude, Shut The **** Up.

Its all fuking awesome! great track.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
once in a while i come across a guy like you and i just gotta put one of their songs on my ipod!....hope this aint stealing dude, either way you int getting it back :p you pull the chicks right?
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by Nirtallica

btw what do u use to record?

I used Audacity for the guitar tracks and Acoustica Beatcraft for the drums.
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
once in a while i come across a guy like you and i just gotta put one of their songs on my ipod!....hope this aint stealing dude, either way you int getting it back :p you pull the chicks right?

Pull the chicks? lol, of course.
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Jun 10, 2006,
I love the riffs and the lead man, but i think you should employ some double bass, that would make this song sound sweet, dude.
Intro- caught my attention
and i was hooked for the rest of the song Nice job.. keep it up man
holy **** that was so good... I liked everything, but that riff right at about 1:08.. that was just awesome... really nice.
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
hey cuz,

well, I really loved the solo and interlude, but I didnt like the other punky stuff very much. Stick to your roots man, go with the metal!
i knew i was gonna like it before i even listened to it because of "Crusher"
Quote by Alander
I love the riffs and the lead man, but i think you should employ some double bass, that would make this song sound sweet, dude.

well, Acoustica Beatcraft doesnt have a double bass option, but I've heard you can download other beats and sets for it. Does anyone know where?
Wow, sweet stuff. Awesome guitar tones, wicked riffs. Seriously, it sounds great =D

The lead work sounds good to me, and the rhthym work is just intense

I got to learn how to use Acoustica Beatcraft as well as you =(

Just out of curioisity, how long did it take you to make the drum track?
i really like some of your more metal riffs kinda sounds like metalicas "no remorse"... your solo is also pretty nice, i like your tone on the lead riffs, pretty cool, some vocals would be a nice addition to this song

overall its pretty good, nice quality, tone and overall sound

good job
dont Listen to my friends band at: -www.sweetnightmare.com
-www.myspace.com/sweetnightmare1
-www.purevolume.com/sweetnightmare
Hey. that's some good material to work with... I like the riffs! I'm not so crazy about the punkish feel in the beginning. I like the solos, sounds a bit like KH.

The riffs give it an upbeat and happy sound. Not sure if that is what you were going for... I think the leads are the best quality of the entire song.

Crit 4 Crit ? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377659