After browsing through numerous threads in the forum, something has come to our attention. We highly encourage new bands to be promoted and news given to us in this forum but we've noticed that links are rarely given.

For example, many threads just say "what do you think of [insert name here]" blah blah blah. Now, this is all fine and well but for people who have never heard of them before, they may actually want to check them out based on our recommendations.

So, we are asking a small favour of you users.

In the future, if you're providing a thread about a new band hitting the 'scence' (), a thread about a band you love or even some form of band news (although, not as much on the latter) would you provide a link to a website (or two) that will allow us to check the music out whether it be a MySpace, Dmusic, Purevolume, official band website so that we can buy/stream the music.

This is only a small request and it's one that Andrew and I feel is a really good idea. We're not going to warn or ban you if you don't do this (we're not that strict) but it's curtious to the other members if you could do so.

The whole event occured the other week in UG Chat where a few peeps were saying (in slight annoyance) how they love the forum but could never find anything they liked and how threads were rather vauge.

Okay, so in conclusion, in future threads could you please try and provide members with a link to the bands website/myspace/pv site so that they can check it out. It's not only curtious to them, but it's also curtious to Andrew and I as then we don't get silly threads or posts about bands and such being in the wrong place, or things like that.

Thanks for the co-operation guys.

Take care
Makes Sense.

I do notice a lot of those threads with no links and info get very little replies anyway or just get ignored alltogether, so if you're going to make the effort to put a few links in or what not it's really doing a favour for youself aswell.
jon, what's this "scence" that new bands hit? do you mean scene? <3

good idea though, i really like it.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I always put the links on the new bands I post about and never get answers
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I like this new rule/ favour. It really annoys me when people just go 'What do you think of some band?' I hate having to go find out about them myself.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
^Oh wow, it's siz months to Christmans!!!

I think it's a good idea, like the A+I radio aswell, there's always most of the links in there so why not in general threads.

okay,

i posted this two days ago and all the threadstarters have not taken any notice.

what gives?
Maybe we need to start closing sh*t down gansta style.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I agree. But I'd post MP3s and no one would care so I stopped.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
I always linked them from legal sources, like the bands page or something. You can always find a free legal mp3 or two out there. Well, I can, because my search savvy is speedy and astounding. ALLITERATION PARTY!
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Whoa, jon, you made mod? When did that happen?

The crazy **** that happens when I don't keep this place in line....

just kidding, you're a great choice. congrats
ermmm

a few months back?

end of march, early april i think?

good to see you back ninj, wherevya been?
oh, they will.

like i said, its not so much mandatory but more considerate to the users (if you get me)

btw, dorkus.... public_witness says bye.
yes very good rule i agree
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by j0nmcc
i never. Sonixon did cos he was being a douche bag in the articles.

what are the articles?
Quote by j0nmcc
oh, they will.

like i said, its not so much mandatory but more considerate to the users (if you get me)

btw, dorkus.... public_witness says bye.

Can you still PM with a banned member? Either way, tell him I said hello.