I went to guitar centre tonight and they had a left handed Epi Les Paul Standard, in the Cherry Sunburst which was beautiful. I have the Epi Les Paul 100 Cherry Sunburst. The guy said I could upgrade and loose a little bit of money. I paid $300 for my Epi and the Standard is $550. If I could get $250 for my Les Paul 100 should I go for the upgrade? I know the Standard looks 1000x better, with the chrome pickups, trapezoid inlays and different wood texture....is it worth it?

Will the Standard play better, sound better because of different pickups and different wood?

Thanks.
It is definitely worth upgrading to the standard. It will be a pretty good upgrade. I highly doubt you will get $250 for the LP100 though. The store will probably sell it for that maybe even a little less. You could probably get like $150 if you trade it in. You are better off just selling it outright to someone or puttin git up on ebay.
That's a ripoff for the Standard. Musician's Friend has them for $500 for the flame top finishes.

And yes, it would be well worth the upgrade. Just make sure you get a fair price on the Standard and get paid fairly for you LP-100.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Ill probably be buying an acoustic at the same time. So I should get some sort of deal.

Also its $50 more than musicians friend because its a lefty...we have to pay more.
Ahhh..I see.

Look at the Washburn D10S if there's a lefty version. It's an amazing acoustic.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
if you got 250 for your 300 dollar guitar I would definately do it. the standard is worlds better than the 100.
Fender blues deluxe and an Epiphone Les paul

Quote by utsapp89
Volume=Emotion.
I paid $300 and ive only had it for 4 months. Hopefully I can get a good amount for it.

And that acoustic you recommended is nice but I want something with a cutaway.
^Then go for the cutaway version of the same guitar. I have the regular D10S and it's by far the best acoustic I've played for under $700. The only one I liked a bit more was $1000. And also a Washburn.

I'm not sure what you'll get for the LP-100...It depends on where you're trading it in at and how generous the person buying it is. If it's at Guitar Center, I'd expect about $150. If it's at a small local shop where they know you, you might just get $250 or so.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Ok here what to do:

1. Go into the store without your trade in and talk the prices down as much as you can.
2. Leave and come back with your trade in and get as much as you can for it.
3. Buy the new guitars.

Do this seperately because if you bring the trade in with you, they might not lower the shelf prices, but then they might offer you a little more on the trade in. This makes it look like you are getting a good deal, when you are in reality not getting that great of a deal. It is just some stupid salesperson move. They just think, "MONEY MONEY MONEY!" We think, "I would like to buy a quality product that I am looking at for a good price." They don't care about us, they just care about themselves.
Quote by Xenn99
^Then go for the cutaway version of the same guitar. I have the regular D10S and it's by far the best acoustic I've played for under $700. The only one I liked a bit more was $1000. And also a Washburn.

Do they have a cutaway version? On musicians friend I didnt see it.

ANd thanks for the advice....Ill probably go back to GC next week.