So, I got pissed a while ago and ended up breaking my bridge pick up ring on my Epiphone Les Paul. I ordered some non-gibson arch top pickup rings, but the arch wasn't big enough for my guitar. So my questions are:

Are the Gibson and Epiphone Les Pauls built to the same size specs(arch angle and size)?

Can I just use Gibson Pickup rings on my epiphone?

I found some that I can buy, but I do not want to order them and end up with something I can't use. I have been using one of my friends guitar for a while but I have to give it back plus it doesn't match.
Gibson Rings should work
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Just got off a long hold with Gibson support. They do not fit the epiphone guitars. All measurements on Gibson guitars are in USA standard and all Measurements on Epiphones are in Metric. So I guess everything will be a little bit off and will not fit.
Quote by Will_Minus
and whether or not it was made by a machine/in America

Either way they are built by a machine. The differences are the materials, the name on the headstock, and where they're made. The shape should be identicle.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by jmac72187
Just got off a long hold with Gibson support. They do not fit the epiphone guitars. All measurements on Gibson guitars are in USA standard and all Measurements on Epiphones are in Metric. So I guess everything will be a little bit off and will not fit.

Bull sh*t. Yes, they may use different measurements, but it comes out to the same size. If that was true, it would be impossible to fit Gibson Pickups in Epi's.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Bull sh*t. Yes, they may use different measurements, but it comes out to the same size. If that was true, it would be impossible to fit Gibson Pickups in Epi's.

No, because humbuckers are all the same size. The screw holes on the pickup rings aren't necessarily going to match up to my guitar. The color is also different I guess.
Hm. I still don't buy it. My guess is that they are just trying to mask the fact that Epi's have a lot of the same stuff on them that Gibson's do.

Aren't there Epi pickup rings?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Hm. I still don't buy it. My guess is that they are just trying to mask the fact that Epi's have a lot of the same stuff on them that Gibson's do.

Aren't there Epi pickup rings?

There are Epi pickup rings, but you can't just go to the store and buy them. They don't package them and sell them. You have to special order them off the internet. I am going to order them tomorow. Every store I have been to stocks Gibson and then All Parts pickup rings but noone carries Epi.
dude......just buy the gibson ones, gibson is bull****ting you
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project

gibson cover... doesnt fit the epi

ya, gibson and epiphone parts are different
^Exactly. If they really don't fit (they will) then take them back. Gibson just doesn't want people to know that Epiphones use some of the same parts and are the exact same dimensions. You pay so much extra for the name with Gibsons that it just isn't worth it.

EDIT: The humbucker rings should fit. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. Buy a pack of them and see if they fit. If they don't, take them back.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^Exactly. If they really don't fit (they will) then take them back. Gibson just doesn't want people to know that Epiphones use some of the same parts and are the exact same dimensions. You pay so much extra for the name with Gibsons that it just isn't worth it.

EDIT: The humbucker rings should fit. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. Buy a pack of them and see if they fit. If they don't, take them back.

The rings will fit the pickups but as you can see on the pictures above the holes will not match up. Not worth wasting my time and money traveling to the store. I will just order the Epi ones.