Page 1 of 2
Which country do you think has the highest standard of living and is the best to live in?
Quote by Caustic
Loviator sounds like a 70's sex toy, probably discontinued and withdrawn from retail due to poor grade rubber being used in construction.

Quote by Stop Messin'
Put the weed in your friends anus, light it, and use his pecker like a bong :O
check the HDI (human development index). I think Norway is in number one, along with a bunch of other scandanavian countries, though Canada and Switzerland are always up there. Then again thats standard of living measurement, its cold as **** over there. I could maybe stand Sweden though for the hot chicks!

I think Switzerland is one of the best places to live Ive seen. The only problem is it takes money.
As for me I'd have to say Canada, because it's the only country I've lived in, but much of mediterranean Europe seems quite nice. People there just seam happier.
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
Quote by jimmypage27
As for me I'd have to say Canada, because it's the only country I've lived in, but much of mediterranean Europe seems quite nice. People there just seam happier.

oh yeah, you've got a point. it seems like a beautiful place and from what i've seen in pictures, it seems like a good place to live.
Go Veg.
Canada. Universal Health Care, bitches!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by killinsniper
Ya Canada...bad drivers and honking horns at them...nice people...

I see you've only been to Quebec.

Try visiting the maritimes sometime.

Beautiful places there

Nice people too.
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
Ireland or Italy appeal to me most.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by im not mental
seeing as how i've only lived in one country, my biased opinion is the USA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dude, you should do stand up. Hey, you know what's the best part about being american? Our high crime rate, high poverty rate, our warmongering outlook, our trillion dollar deficit and the fact that our country is so far right that the poor just get poorer!

EDIT: and there are studies and stuff that determine this. I believe that the UN puts out an official list annually. Canada is always near the top, as is Holland, Switzerland, Sweden, I think Belgium might be up there too.
Quote by bajeda
check the HDI (human development index). I think Norway is in number one, along with a bunch of other scandanavian countries, though Canada and Switzerland are always up there. Then again thats standard of living measurement, its cold as **** over there. I could maybe stand Sweden though for the hot chicks!

I think Switzerland is one of the best places to live Ive seen. The only problem is it takes money.

You are right. I have some cousins who live there. They go to an International School (there mom works for WTO). My sister went there a couple of summers ago and by her descriptions and pictures, it seems really nice.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Well I live in Canada, and it's good; low crime rate (at least in central alberta) but there are tons of drugs here, which can be a problem for crime...

I'd say southern france/northern italy, i went there and man, you could walk around downtown in the cities(sp?) there at liek 2 in the morning without having to worry about muggers, bums or anything of the sort, it was so un-intimidating.
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Quote by bajeda

I always thought number 1 was Japan. It has the highest life expectancy, as well as some other things.
Quote by Metalology
Canada. Universal Health Care, bitches!

ya... but it takes you like 2 years just to get something checked... i rather pay for my health rather than to wait, in pain, for years... but the liberals, and the ndp are f@gs and wont except private stuff...

Euro countries(the devellopped ones), pwn north american... its just the way they live there, it isnt rushed, and serious... its carefree, and people know how to life their lives to fullest, and they rushed... or it could just be all the alcohal they have there. Ill never know
Quote by Leafs_fan_37
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dude, you should do stand up. Hey, you know what's the best part about being american? Our high crime rate, high poverty rate, our warmongering outlook, our trillion dollar deficit and the fact that our country is so far right that the poor just get poorer!

EDIT: and there are studies and stuff that determine this. I believe that the UN puts out an official list annually. Canada is always near the top, as is Holland, Switzerland, Sweden, I think Belgium might be up there too.

Since you seem to be throwing stats around, ie those of our extremely high crime rate, high poverty rate, and large deficit, let me throw some facts around.

http://www.fathersforlife.org/health/who_suicide_rates.htm

Every single one of those countries that you mentioned with the exception of Holland has a higher suicide rate than the USA.
My God, it's full of stars!
Canada's not that great.....I mean, I guess it's safe and I'm lucky to live here.....but it's nothing special.
I'm pretty sure Melbourne is (or was) named the 'Worlds most Livable City'...
That's not country though.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Sweden, Norway, most of northern europe and i think even Singapore.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by zeppelin68
ya... but it takes you like 2 years just to get something checked... i rather pay for my health rather than to wait, in pain, for years... but the liberals, and the ndp are f@gs and wont except private stuff...

wow, you're stupid. Many people can't afford health care. In the US, this can ruin people's lives if they're poor AND have to pay for an $50K operation. You're obviously from a middle class family who has money so you don't have to worry about this stuff. I hope you move to the us, lose all of your money and take money from a loan shark to get an operation done. If we allow dual health care, where are these doctors going to come from? They're going to leave the public clinics, then all of the good doctors go to rich people, the rest of the population now have less doctors that aren't as qualified. Good solution asswipe. There is a reason why the bill didn't pass. Maybe you should actually think instead of just regurgitating what your told. You'll get alot farther in life.
Quote by jimmypage27
I see you've only been to Quebec.

How true! Why can't they drive? I think it's in their genes.

Anyways, I love my Canada! I live in Ontario, but I still think B.C and Alberta are the best places in the world, and I wish I could live there.
Quote by Leafs_fan_37
wow, you're stupid. Many people can't afford health care. In the US, this can ruin people's lives if they're poor AND have to pay for an $50K operation. You're obviously from a middle class family who has money so you don't have to worry about this stuff. I hope you move to the us, lose all of your money and take money from a loan shark to get an operation done. If we allow dual health care, where are these doctors going to come from? They're going to leave the public clinics, then all of the good doctors go to rich people, the rest of the population now have less doctors that aren't as qualified. Good solution asswipe. There is a reason why the bill didn't pass. Maybe you should actually think instead of just regurgitating what your told. You'll get alot farther in life.

So....you think we have good healthcare in Canada right now?

You're pretty stupid then....

EDIT: ^and Alberta's sweet......I want to end up there I think.
I would have to say pretty much anywhere in North America. Except like the very north because it's very cold there. In Nunavut there's a lot natives that live there. Right now I'm in Toronto and the crime rate is getting bigger but overall it's a nice city to live in. If you live in GTA's suburb areas like Richmond Hill then it's very safe and has a nice standard of living, however it's really boring. I prefer the southern areas of Toronto.
Quote by MDoggDX316
You are right. I have some cousins who live there. They go to an International School (there mom works for WTO). My sister went there a couple of summers ago and by her descriptions and pictures, it seems really nice.

Where? Switzerland? If so what school? I graduated from a boarding school there.
Quote by Green_Fox
Sweden, Norway, most of northern europe and i think even Singapore.

SINGAPORE? Just because it's crime-free doesn't mean it's a fun place. You get lashed with a wet bamboo cane like 3 times for shaking a vending machine. I'd live in fear constantly, considering I'm already paranoid of the police accusing me of a crime that I didn't commit.
Quote by Dreadnought
Since you seem to be throwing stats around, ie those of our extremely high crime rate, high poverty rate, and large deficit, let me throw some facts around.

http://www.fathersforlife.org/health/who_suicide_rates.htm

Every single one of those countries that you mentioned with the exception of Holland has a higher suicide rate than the USA.

Not to sound like an arse or anything, but how does the suicide rate reflect the standard of living in a country, I mean you'd think the worse off the country is the more suicides it'd have but then according to that list mexico has one of the lowest suicide rates and they seem to be alot worse off then canada or the united states, although I do agree with you those are just random stastics that are being said without any information to back it up
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by lemon
Not to sound like an arse or anything, but how does the suicide rate reflect the standard of living in a country, I mean you'd think the worse off the country is the more suicides it'd have but then according to that list mexico has one of the lowest suicide rates and they seem to be alot worse off then canada or the united states, although I do agree with you those are just random stastics that are being said without any information to back it up

If you don't think suicide rates show a country's worth, then I hope you don't think murder rates show a country's worth. Or crime rates, or poverty rates. By the way, suicide rates are usually used to show the happiness of a population. So they could, arguably, be a VERY good description of a standard of living.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Holy Katana
SINGAPORE? Just because it's crime-free doesn't mean it's a fun place. You get lashed with a wet bamboo cane like 3 times for shaking a vending machine. I'd live in fear constantly, considering I'm already paranoid of the police accusing me of a crime that I didn't commit.

it may not be fun but it does have a high standard of living.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by Leafs_fan_37

You already got a choice in hockey teams, so i think you choice on what you believe is just as good...

The private sector is already growing all throughout canada, so whats your point... A patient in Quebec, had to wait SOOO long to get treated, it was deemed a CRIME against our healthsystem, and the patient was allowed to seek treatment from a private healthcare source...(and the judge made the two-tier legal, in Quebec at least because the situation was so pathetic)

Your only believing the same old BS the liberals have been inpregnating in your mind, not all doctors are capatalist bastards who think about money, they kinda do their job to help people? ever heard of that? And theres also something called... hmm competive wages?

Using a joint private/public healthcare system, will relieve some of the strain on the public system, leaving it to treat the people who need it the most, the lowerclass, while the middle class, and upper class, can choose to pay for the treatment... SOO the lower class people get their treatment faster, everyone does...

Canadians are taxed far more than the Americans, so i expect my tax dollars to actually do something, so learn something before you post N00b...

Look at Sweden, Germany, UK, they all use the two tier system, and there doing fine... SO STFU n00b, learn something
England. Lol.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Dreadnought
If you don't think suicide rates show a country's worth, then I hope you don't think murder rates show a country's worth. Or crime rates, or poverty rates. By the way, suicide rates are usually used to show the happiness of a population. So they could, arguably, be a VERY good description of a standard of living.

agreed^

The suicide-rate also tells you how many emo kids are in any given country jks
Quote by Leafs_fan_37

A note to everyone else who read the post quoted above: There is no country in the world which would take pride in having this guy as a citizen. He may be Canadian, but extradition is a complicated process. Please forgive Canada for spawning this guy. Nature's a bitch.
who needs health care when you can live in amsterdam and have DRUGS.

Cancer? ha! pass the bong.

jk i really want healthcare plz don't get rid of it.
Quote by Crazy_Diamond16
who needs health care when you can live in amsterdam and have DRUGS.

Cancer? ha! pass the bong.

jk i really want healthcare plz don't get rid of it.

You didn't hear about that? Bush is thinking about destroying healthcare altogether and making the population take care of their own lazy asses....a.k.a. no hospitals!
Don't be coming here and leeching off our free hospitals
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
Don't be coming here and leeching off our free hospitals

Yeah...and the US was gonna invade England and steal your hospitals and bring them home.

EDIT: what the hell am I saying?
Page 1 of 2