Poll: Natural or paint?
Poll Options
View poll results: Natural or paint?
Natural Finish
10 43%
Painted Finish
13 57%
Voters: 23.
I had no idea where to put this, hopefully this is right.

If you had a choice (well, truthfully, you do) what would you rather have, a natural finish (stained wood + clear coat) or a painted finish (painted wood + clear coat)? Any particular reason? Think of your ideal guitar/bass, which would you rather have?

Personally, i like natural finishes better. There's just something that really catches my eye.
Proud member of The Bass Militia! PM IndieMetalhead to join!

Quote by Fast_Bear
You know your a Bassist when you practice near the ocean, and whales respond.
Last edited by PenumbralFigure at Jun 9, 2006,
Thanks for the replies!

Quote by Fast_Bear
Depends on the guitar, really. Hard to turn down over a flamed top .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
I like painted.
You can make it as simple or as funkadelic as is humanly possible.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
I personnally think the natural finish looks sloppy and un-'finished', but its's definately a matter of opinion.
Natural, baby.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by snipelfritz
I personnally think the natural finish looks sloppy and un-'finished', but its's definately a matter of opinion.

Though, true, it is a matter of opinion, that's exactly what i'm looking for. I want people's opinions on what finish they like better.

Honestly, my idea here is that over the summer i may be making a bass. Depending on how it goes, i may make another one for someone who wants one (bass or guitar). And if enough people like my work, it may become a small business for me. I want people's opinions on finish to know which one to go with. With the poll at 8:9 (natural:painted), i'll probably switch off.

Quote by Fast_Bear
Last edited by PenumbralFigure at Jun 9, 2006,
i liek it where you can see through the paint, so it looks like red/black/whatever wood grains.
Depends on the wood. I would always stain maple or alder, but I'd keep walnut or koa natural.