i'm a left hand player and i have $900. i thinking about what guitar you recommend me to buy? schecter c-1 plus left-handed or epiphone les paul standard left-handed

here are the links:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=518343
http://www.music123.com/Schecter-C1-PLUS-Electric-Guitar-i143430.music
Last edited by SilverDrop at Jun 8, 2006,
The Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard is only about $900 in the left hand version...I'll find you a link and edit.

EDIT: It's $950...You probably won't find a better guitar for that price.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Lefty-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=518406
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
depends. whats your playing style?
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
ill recomend the schecter, is cheaper and its a very good guitar...
with the rest u can buy a good amp. the les paul etilist its pretty good tho, but ill go with schecter.
hope it helps
cya around..(o_O)/)
I bought the Schecter Omen 6, which is only $300...and its an excellent guitar for the price...so i would highly recommend the Schecter..but Epiphone is excllent as well...maybe you should go to a store and test them first....what I like you may not and vice versa...
People think im insane because i am frowning all the time...

....And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run...you missed the starting gun......
any way you look at it, i would say schecter, especialy if you play rock or metal.
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
I <3 Schecter... IMO you should get a Hellraiser FR Lefty, and change the neck pickup to an EMG 60
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by SilverDrop
all type of music

i would still stick with a schecter, something with a floyd rose too!
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1

i would still stick with a schecter, something with a floyd rose too!

haha look at my post :-D
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
I still say the Epi Elitist LP Standard. That guitar will be on par with a Gibson.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Schecter is WELL worth every penny. IMHO, They are better than Les Pauls for heavy rock, and even blues (with the right pickups of course)
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
The same could be said for LP's. With the right pickups they can do anything as well. But for $900 he shouldn't have to f*ck around with a pickup change. I believe the Epi's pups are the same as burstbuckers. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're the same, just with a different name. (Damnit. I unintentionally rhymed...)
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Schecter hands down, they're great guitars and if anyone one tells you otherwise punch them in the throat

And i do have both epi and schecter, my epi V's nice but its far surpased by my schecter in playability, though they both sound identical
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
I have the right handed version of that schecter. It is my third guitar and it is such a great guitar the set neck is unnoticable and it plays like a dream. And those pickups sound like a dream. so definetly schecter.
Last edited by JacksonShred13 at Jun 8, 2006,
Go with the Epi Elitist Les Paul they are on pare with some Gibson's.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
Schecter blackjack series, comes with duncan JB / '59 if your into that kind of thing. Owns epiphone in the face.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by MuffinMan
Schecter blackjack series, comes with duncan JB / '59 if your into that kind of thing. Owns epiphone in the face.

That's a pretty bold statement. Epiphone Elitist Les Paul are some mean guitars. They will give alot of Gibson's a serious run for their money.

Most Schecter's (blackjacks ) I have played are great guitars, but I just feel they are missing substance and feel. I currently own the S-1.

Either way you go, you will get a superb guitar...but I would personally go with the Elitist.
1999 Taylor 410 Bearclaw
2006 Agile AL-3000
2006 Schecter S-1 Blackjack
schecter c1 +, 24 frets, mahogany body, good looking =) and decent pickups at a very very good price... etilist 800 + the same ****.....only hollowbody...
^The Elitist Les Paul Standard is what he would be looking at. It's not hollowbody.

Like others have said, either way you go, you'll get a great guitar. Personally, I just prefer Les Pauls to the Schecters, and that Epi Elitist LP Standard is a steal for that price in the left handed version. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the ebony Elitist LP Standards are discontinued.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
do i need to change the pickup of the guitars to have a better sound??
or is fine like that on both?
hmmmmmm....I have heard a lot of good things about both. But if you are sure you are not considering the Elitist Les Paul, then get a Schecter. And about the pickups......most stock pickups aren't very good, but you don'thave to, no one says you have to, just whether you like the sound or not....plus schecters aren't as common looking as Les Pauls, if that makes any difference.

hope this helps

JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
get this scheter.. almost exactly like the blackjack, but IMO looks better and is cheaper. all same pickups and wood.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=516751

yeah. that leaves about $400
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Schecter!!!
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
If you have $900, go for the Elitist Les Paul. There's no reason to get the regular Epi LP Standard if you have money for something so much better. If you really don't want the Elitist, go for the schecter. With the regular Epi LP Standard you'll be lookignto upgrade again within a year. If you're getting a new guitar, just go for one that will last you. Upgrading over and over until you reach that point will cost you more.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar