Well, I'm going to be getting a $5000 loan for school this fall and well I'll have some free cash after I take out money for rent and whatever.

My current setup is a Squier Affinity Strat w/ Hot Rails in bridge going through a DS-1 going through a DD-6 going into a Peavey Studio Pro 112. The amp I bought used and I have had to bring it in for repairs once before because when I fiddle with the volume knob the volume seems to increase...even if I turn it down to 1 it will sound like it's on 5 or higher.

I'm moreso leaning towards a new amplifier as I'm satisfied with how the strat plays. I'm mostly looking to be playing classic blues rock (Zeppelin, ACDC), some heavy rock (Velvet Revolver, Audioslave), and some clean bluesy songs.

My budget is around $600 Canadian at most. Any suggestions on whether I should get a new amp or guitar and suggestions on either? Thanks guys!
vox valvetronix if you want a lot of versitily.

another option would be a fender hot rod amp with various boost pedals.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^ yes.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

it's a modeling pre amp, then a 1 watt tube power amp with a 12ax7, then that signal is sent to the main SS power amp.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

new amp, mabye get a peavey classic on ebay?
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
A new amp.
Look for some valve Fender amps, or a Peavey Classic as he said^^^
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Will a bad guitar sound good on a good amp??

^ yes

what if its like a $175 squire tele into a marshall MG 15 DFX (tiny little thing, but loud)
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/Swence32/GREYWOLF_04-MOM-N-BABIES.jpg[/img]
^Hey man, I love your username+pic! What a band! Seen 'em live?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
if you apply proper care for your guitar, you can use it forever.. but an amp won't last as long as your guitar.. so, i suggest that you buy an amp.. besides, your guitar depends on the amp to blast up a performance..
"I know I can never be enough to replace your whatever. Now everything is silent, everything is still without you near..."
-SPONGE COLA
Quote by WolFMotheR_32
what if its like a $175 squire tele into a marshall MG 15 DFX (tiny little thing, but loud)

will a bad guitar sound good through a GOOD amp. any guitar will sound like ass through an MG.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

will a bad guitar sound good through a GOOD amp. any guitar will sound like ass through an MG.

hey, its all i could afford, it was only $70. so yea, a piece of crap.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/Swence32/GREYWOLF_04-MOM-N-BABIES.jpg[/img]
oh i thought you were challenging me by saying an MG was good.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Peavey Classic?? Damn...I was about to buy a 30 version for $400 but the guys at the music store talked me out of buying it, saying it wasn't what I was looking for after I asked if I could push it more.
^ dude that's a killer deal and a great amp. it woulda been perfect for you too.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Quote by llanafreak44
yeah definatly a good amp, my squier bllet sounds mysteriously good through my JCM 900 =O

yep, sound engineering is where it is at. High end guitars are good, i believe they are more money just cause of the craftsman ship, sure the pick ups are better, but you can get a cheap guitar, and a sweet amp, and the sound will be golden.