Does anyone know a site/list that has benchmarks like where you should be in your playing like "After 3 months you should be able to play XXX and do XXXX and also XXXXX" etc?

and maybe have different levels like

Casual
Decent
Professional
After 3 months I expect you to be able to play all of Nile and Cannibal Corpses new albums and sing just like them at the same time.....playing lead and rhythm at the same time
i dont think there really is, some people learn faster than others and vice versa. it would actually be kind of ridiculous if they did that, but they might.
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
Make up your own benchmarks and see if you reach them. If you don't, adjust them until you do. But don't sweat it too much. Sometimes you make the most progress right after being the most frustrated.
Its not really the months, its the hours a day and what happens in those hours.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Yes there is. The universal bench mark is you should be able enjoy playing after the first time you picked up a guitar.
Quote by gmsje
Make up your own benchmarks and see if you reach them. If you don't, adjust them until you do. But don't sweat it too much. Sometimes you make the most progress right after being the most frustrated.

what he said.

From my experience, when ou get frustrated, take a couple days away from guitar. You will be able to settle down and then when you go back to it, you'll enjoy it again. Therefore making progress in your playing.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Everyone is different. It depends on how much your practice, what you practice, etc.. Set your own goals and see if you can reach them, but make them realistic
not really...because I used to be what people considered way advanced for my amount of time playing, and now, I'm what most would consider average for the amount of time I've been playing, it just depends on what you feel like you want to accomplish. If you feel like you're not playing what you thought you'd be able to for the amount of time you've been playing, then maybe you should consult an instructor or rethink the approach you've been taking at learning. Time won't make you a better guitarist, time practicing will though.
BUY SOME PHOTOS..Click here, and then click 'store'

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK
lol man plz dont take this the wrong way but you really cant rap.