regarding neck (And I guess middle too) pickup, which would sound most like John Frusciante's?

he mainly uses
1961 Fender Stratocaster, Olympic White, rosewood fretboard
1962 Fender Stratocaster, Three Color Sunburst, rosewood fretboard

the one caveat is that I require the pickup cover (the white part I mean with 6 holes in it for the poles) to be changeable
Quote by Teleprompters
he probably has stock fender single coils so buy some texas specials ones maybe or any other fender pups, this should be in GG&A

i suggest you go over to the fender foru......nevermind (sig)

"All your threads about building amps, making pedals and modding guitars go right here!"
Quote by frigginjerk
i heard he's got the polarity reversed on his middle pickups, and that contributes to his tone

I think the stock Mexican Standard's do too since I can't hear any buzz even at high volumes

should I stick with stock Std Strat pickups? or is there something that will be drastically better?
Quote by amazingdm
"All your threads about building amps, making pedals and modding guitars go right here!"

you asking about frusciantes gear (pick-ups), not modding your guitar, the question is related to tone, gear, and accessories, more people will be able to help you if you put it in GG&A

the stock mexi pups should be fine, your amp will make up most of your tone, what amp do you have?
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 9, 2006,
^This can really go in either, but it's fine in here. Tele, if you thinks somethings amiss just hit the report button

And I have a Fender '62 RI pup I bought on eBay, it sounds pretty good. A Tex Mex setup might also sound decent, a bit less hairy though.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Maybe the '62 reissue pickups (or '62/57 whatever the set's called) would do well for that.
I'm gonna' get some new pickups soon, some that are v close to Fru's tone, I'm not too sure which ones are closest either.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Look into some Bareknuckles. The Mother's Milk pup are probably what you're looking for as the guy above me has said (Apaches might fit the bill too). If they're too pricey then try the Fender 57/62 custom pups.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.