http://www.rondomusic.net/gg4std.html

Is it just me, or is this a really nice guitar for the price? Set neck, Mahogany body, a change of pickups and that thing would be a really nice guitar. I've also heard good things about Rondomusic. Anyway, once I get the money, I might get one of these. What are your impressions on this guitar? More importantly, has anyone ever played one, and how did it play? I was just wondering. Unless I hear anything really terrible, I'll probably buy it anyway.

-Peace-
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.

Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.

Raoul Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
Surely replace the nut, hope the plastic inlays hold up, might have to do some fretwork and a serious set up, but 120 bucks, why not.
Looks like a Mockingbird rip-off.

Not that thats a crime seeing as how LP's and strats are made by almost every guitar company.

Other than that it doesn't look too bad for the price.
looks nice but i dont trust the price tag. note that it says it has all these features "HUMBUCKERS!!, BRIDGE!!, TUNERS!! but doesnt actually say what they are ie. dimarzio xyz pickups, gibson tunomatic bridge, etc look for some more in depth specs and certainly try before you buy. i know rondo/agiles are unexpensive but 120$ probably wont get you too far... onthe other hand its only 120$!!
I know a kid that I've jammed with a couple times who bought one of these from Rondo's ebay store. It played suprisingly well and was (in my opinion) built with better craftsmanship than most low-end Squiers. The pickups were your average cheap alcinos and didn't really stretch much further than the price tag. But if you're planning to swap them, it shouldn't matter.

But why not give it a try? Rondo offers a 30 day return policy. All you have to lose is the 20 bucks to ship it back to them in the case you wanna return it.
Quote by Slavik
I know a kid that I've jammed with a couple times who bought one of these from Rondo's ebay store. It played suprisingly well and was (in my opinion) built with better craftsmanship than most low-end Squiers. The pickups were your average cheap alcinos and didn't really stretch much further than the price tag. But if you're planning to swap them, it shouldn't matter.

But why not give it a try? Rondo offers a 30 day return policy. All you have to lose is the 20 bucks to ship it back to them in the case you wanna return it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am going to try it. If everything looks/sounds good, I'll probably put in some new pickups and tuners...the bridge too, if it's not up to par.
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.

For that price, I might buy it, but I would not be expecting as much as what it says on the page.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
It's probably nice for the price 'coz it's from Rondo, but urgh, that's one ugly shaped guitar.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I like it better than the mockingbird, but then, that's not saying a whole hell of a lot

For $120 bucks, buy it, get good at playing, then fix what you don't like about it
$120 is nothing, go for it, and if you don't like it, upgrade it.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by mrbreeze
I like it better than the mockingbird, but then, that's not saying a whole hell of a lot

For $120 bucks, buy it, get good at playing, then fix what you don't like about it

Why do you assume I'm not good?

maybe because it's cheap he's assuming it's for a beginner
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

No, I just don't have a set-neck guitar yet, and I don't have much money. Though I could see why he would make that assumption.

obviously not goin to sing like a Custom Shop Gibson (just an example) but i personally have a Agile, love it, and have nothing but good things from Rondo buyers of any company
dont they have an exlporer knock off with a set neck?
i'd get that instead. looks a lot cooler, and i think its the same woods/specs and price?
Geordin, I myself am looking into buying a guitar from Rondo. It's has an actual store in New Jersey and thats where they make the guitars. Don't let the price scare you into thinking it's cheap. The only reason it is cheap is because it doesn't have a big brand name like other guitars, and Rondo is the only place you can get them. From what I've heard, its way better than brands like Epiphone, the lower end brands.