I'm 99% sure im going to get an epi les paul 100 (cant afford anything more) and i was wondering what you guys thought about it and if you had any advice about it
Quote by El Codyo
Little word of advice, get an Agile AL-2500.

Thats not advice, thats a suggestion. Advice would be if you explained why to get it instead of expecting him to just blindly trust you.
Yeah. Go for an Agile or the Washburn WI64D.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
www.rondomusic.net

That's the only place you can get Agiles. They have a really good reputation.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Very average. Good for a beginner guitar, but for an intermediate or better player it will be pretty mediocre. Be sure to try one before you make your decision.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
if those agiles are good quality then why can you only get them one place, and there only $200? are the like a knock off of les pauls?
mate, just stik with what ever u wanted in the first place stuff wot other people tell u
That is excactly why they are so cheap, they are available only through rondomusic. They are actually better than most of the Epiphone Les Pauls(except elitist). They are also alot cheaper, for what you get a LP-100, you get a Al-2500, which is about equal to a LP Standard. Technichally they are LP knockoffs, but they are better than the so-called "brands"(epiphone) themselves.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
^Correct-a-mundo!
Why do you think a Gibson LP cost $3000 when it really is only worth $1000.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
i would just be hesitant to buy it because ive never even heard of it and i dont know anything about the company or ne thing like that. why is it just sold through rondo?
I don't know!
Probably because rondo makes them.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by how the bodies are different, but if you mean electronics/wood, the Agile is better. But if it's for looks, remember the #1 Rule when buying a guitar:
1. Never buy a guitar for looks
Edit- If you do buy a guitar for looks, which would you rather choose
1. Epiphone

2. Agile
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jun 9, 2006,
The Agiles are only sold through Rondo Music because Rondo Music owns Agile. They are cheaper because they don't use advertising and you buy them direct. They also aren't a big name, so they can't charge as much.

I think that the only difference between the Agile LP and the Epi LP shape is that the horn is more rounded on the Agile. I know that they fit in most regular LP cases.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
im just not sure if i would feel safe about buying it since its basically a knockoff and where is rondo music?
Because it's a knock off? Epiphones are knock offs too. It's also a proven fact that many of the Japanese Gibson LP knock offs in the 70's and 80's were actually much better than actual Gibsons. Don't let the whole "knock off" thing scare you off. A guitar is a guitar.

I think Rondo is in New Jersey. I'm not positive though. I know they have an actual store though. All the people who have ordered from them have said that they were really easy to deal with.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Either way it's safe. Plenty of people here on UG have ordered from them and given positive feedback.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
alright guys thanks! i see what your saying about the quality because even the agile 2000 or 2500 looks at LEAST as good as an epiphone les paul standard, which is $380 on musicians friend, and the 2000 is $160, and the 2500 is $280
Go for the 2500. It has even better specs than the Epi LP Standard. Now all you have to do is decide on a color.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. Even the AL-2000 has good specs. The AL-2000 and AL-2500 don't have a ton of differences...I guess just pick which you like better.

I also recommend that you get a hardcase with it. Rondo makes them to fit the Agiles perfectly, so I'd definetly suggest that you get one with your Agile. They also ship the guitar in the hardcase, so you don't have to worry about damage from shipping.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at Jun 9, 2006,
Quote by GivePeasAChance
Thats not advice, thats a suggestion. Advice would be if you explained why to get it instead of expecting him to just blindly trust you.

ad·vice n.
Opinion about what could or should be done about a situation or problem; counsel.

I think it's most definately advice!

And rnrsoldier1461 just do a search for Agile on these forums, there's about 2 hours of reading just here alone and most give the Agile a thumbs up.
Last edited by treagar at Jun 9, 2006,
Don't get the LP100. Isn't it made of ply?

Get the Agile. They are wonderful Les Paul copies. They are better than most Epiphones. and cheaper.

With Epiphone, you're just paying for the name. (Same with Gibson), but they're not bad guitars.