G'Day !

from australia here. a bit of help in choosing good pickups would be appreciated.

Im after pickups that are DECENT to play modern / hard rock. like, could youse provide some websites and the prices and stuff ?

thanks mates !
Quote by omarka3weleh
Well, im pretty much of a newbie, so can you give me recommendation based on those sites ? Like, its pretty confusing to see heaps of different stuff on it.

Thanks and sorry for asking too much.

cheers mate.

You can pretty much make any combo of pickups in a guitar as long as they fit. For rock, seymor ducans are pretty nice, or EMG's have nice tone as well. It depends on how you want it to sound. Like kirk hammet from metallica his tone he gets from EMG's and the legendy dimebag tone is thru a bill lawrence L500XL it all depends on your tastes and how you want to sound.
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
Ibanez: Tubescreamer,
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
I'd suggest EMG's or duncans, people tend to think bareknuckles are for heavier stuff, but whatever floats your boat
I am them.
what type of guitar do u have?

whats ur budget? and do u play metal or is hard rock pretty much, it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Your wood type on your body and the neck contruction type do ALOT with the sound. also, If you are reffering to Ac/Dc and the like by saying hard rock your best pickup for the bridge would be a Dimarzio Super Distortion if you body is anything other than basswood. But if your body is basswood I would say put a Dimarzio Super 2. Yes it says it's primarily a neck pickup but if you put it in the bridge you get VERY clean distortion with lots of mids and highs and scooped bass. For your neck for modern rock (pickup selection primarily used for soloing) go for a Dimarzio PAF. The sound on the higher notes sound so beautiful, I haven't heard any better neck pickup honestly.
Quote by Biscuits_Rock
I'd suggest EMG's or duncans, people tend to think bareknuckles are for heavier stuff, but whatever floats your boat

bareknuckles aren't for heavier stuff. You're just lucky this is the newbie forum and flaming isn't allowed. Just because everyone in G G&A and EG is a metalhead (and the metal-voiced pickups are the ones I am hence always recommending) doesn't mean they don't make other styles of pickups too. Like most pickup manufacturers, they have models for heavier stuff, and more vintage models (and everything in between as well).

anyway, do you have a budget, threadstarter? I have a set of swineys and they're great on a budget, but if you have enough for bareknuckles, you might want to go for those.

Quote by jj1565
what type of guitar do u have?

whats ur budget? and do u play metal or is hard rock pretty much, it.

seconded. some examples of bands you like/whose tone you want to nail?

also, what amp do you have?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sorry, I accidentally moved this here. It needs to go to Guitar Gear and Accessories.
^ i think it's fine here, sonixon, I wouldn't worry about it. Changing pickups is customising, after all...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well how much are you willing to spend? note that bareknuckles would still probably be out of your price range.