After almost exclusively just TALKING about guitar and guitar gear for like the last 2 or so months, I've finally recently gotten into just really practicing. Now I can't hardly stand not having my guitar in my hands and just making sounds. Sucks that I have to send it back and have to wait for a new guitar which might potentially not be the right one.

I mean after paying like $800 in gear it's a good thing I didn't get sick of it.

I'm wondering, the people who are just drawn to the guitar and practice as much as they can.. they obviously succeed the fastest right..
well that's more like duh huh
Last edited by amazingdm at Jun 9, 2006,
yeah, you can be strumming **** for hours

without getting anywhere

"I'm wondering, the people who are just drawn to the guitar and practice as much as I can.. they obviously succeed the fastest right.."

your head has to fit out of the door aswell
It's Chico Time
I meant that as "practice as much as they can" only referring to myself.. as in the people who are drawn to guitar, and practice as much as they can ya know? nothing conceited

and I'm not talking strumming.. I hate that.. I'm talking actually pushing yourself, doing tricks, moving around, things like that
i cant exactly agree with you iheartmyself.

If you one day become a professional guitarist you will know that even strumming the basic chord pattern needs to be executed perfectly. It does not matter how hard the riff is if it is just say c and d over and over you have to be able to keepo a steady strum. 2 months in working with strumming and fingering is all you need i wouldnt worry about scales etc till a bit longer. I can't emphasize how much you need to get rhythm etc. down first if you start speeding up or slowing right down it is gonna sound terrible. Also practise a riff over and over dont shred anything and leave it, you need to plaster it to your brain. I believe it is true if you practise more it does make you better quicker to what standard it is your own choice. I find when i buy new guitars it just brings the spirit back into me and you never want to stop playing. I like your attitude if you have self belief your guitaring will be great but if you think your the best you will lose track of what is important.
Quote by iheartmyself
"I'm wondering, the people who are just drawn to the guitar and practice as much as I can.. they obviously succeed the fastest right.."

your head has to fit out of the door aswell

Haha, nice.