hey, can anyone help me? does anyone know a gadget that is a portable multi-guitar effects processor, a digital tuner, digital metronome, and a recorder (if possible, a four-track recorder) in one. and also, affordable. i?ve been browsing non-stop. can?t find anything. hope you could help me. if there is no such thing, what do you recommend?
"I know I can never be enough to replace your whatever. Now everything is silent, everything is still without you near..."
-SPONGE COLA
check out the digitech GNX series... dont know exactly what's affordable to you, but that sounds like what you want.

I am only nothing, I am only this
I am just a man with these two fists
I dunno, but my best friend is my girlfriend and I'm a guitarist. They aren't too cheap though, what's your budget?
Quote by MastaBassist10
I dunno, but my best friend is my girlfriend and I'm a guitarist. They aren't too cheap though, what's your budget?

^^ so true

yeeaaahh im not sure i can think of anything. maybe look at some recording software? obviously you can record with that but i know they come with effects and the works.

Quote by MastaBassist10

hehe.. well, yeah.. that's true.. anyway, my budget won't exceed $300.. i'm saving up for a lot of things..

i've been thinking.. should i buy the Korg Pandora PX4D Multi-Effects Processor , or the TASCAM CD-GT1mkII Portable CD Guitar Trainer ?!?
"I know I can never be enough to replace your whatever. Now everything is silent, everything is still without you near..."
-SPONGE COLA
Last edited by korn113 at Jun 9, 2006,
Well, if its only $300, then stay away from Jewish girls! Trust me!

Ok, on a more serious note, I would actually reccommend the Korg.
nah, pick up the PALM from zoom, its $200. get that and spend $100 on some effects.

http://www.music123.com/Zoom-PS04-Digital-Palm-Top-Recorder-i110686.music
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sweet.. thnx jj1565.. i think i'll get that one instead.. but i'm still open for suggestions till next week..
-SPONGE COLA
TBH, all of the multi FX boxes I've ever have sucked. They generally sound very digital in the distortion, and bland on the cleans.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
i know, if u upgrade the memory card, u can put a lot more into it.
itll hold as much as the bigger boys.

and im not a huge zoom fan normally. but thats a good product for the money.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

maybe a bit pricy for it, but it will do. thats what ud probably pay for something with everything on it like that.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
okay.. lots of suggestions.. new choices.. still thinking bout buying the Korg.. but jj1565 brought up the Zoom Palm Top.. so, i thought maybe i should get that instead.. but i've been reading their main features over and over again.. i noticed they have different purposes.. the Zoom is be used for recording tracks.. the Korg is used for practicing.. though it can only record for 30 secs, you can plug it to any external audio sources..
-SPONGE COLA
get the one u want. but i dont think the korg is what ur looking for. it seems like a multi effects station.
i have a korg multi, its collecting dust on a shelf.
not saying THIS korg model isnt good but, i would be surprised.

also, with the right radio shack wire, im sure u can plug the palm into almost anything too.

i plug my boss recorder into amps (to amp a drum machine, or recording.)
i plug it into a computer for downloading. i record off of tv. (i make cds of movie sound tracks.)
i use it to move songs back and forth between computers.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 11, 2006,
Things like Zoom units can do (most) of that, but you get what you pay for.

You best bet would be getting a POD and some recording software. Then get a seperate metronome, or use www.metronomeonline.com/ .
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
okay guys! thnx for all your help.. appreciate it.. off to buy.. mods, you can close this now.. peace!
-SPONGE COLA
pandoras box....had one, its great, wasnt my thing though. but it sounds like its exactly what your looking for
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"