What is the proper way to play it with a pick or fingerpicked, cant figure it out. thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
He plays it with a pick, but when he plays it live he doesn't play chords.. i have no idea what that damn genius is doing.. he's kinf of arpegiating it. He is holding the chords but he mutes the notes he doesn't want in the chord and kind of sweeps it. rock hard to get it sounding like him. plus he rarely plays it the same twice
the intro is played with fingers, then he uses a pick for the verses, and slightly turns down his volume on his guitar because using a pick makes it a tad louder, he normally arpeggiates it differently each time like Applehead said
perfect, everything i needed to know, thanks alot
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
I use a pick, only because I included a solo section. It can be done well either way, though.
Fingerpick it on the intro and use a pick on the verse. But he uses this insane technique...he sounds perfect.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
What makes the intro sound so good is that he overdubbed sustaining notes in certain spots with a pick. He may have used a capo as well in the recording to ensure the notes rang clear, but live he always barres it.

Bry
I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers... I am pretty sure Under The Bridge is played with a pick... but I might be wrong.
My Gear-

B.C. Rich Flying V (Kerry King Signature Series)
DOD Grunge Reverb Amp
Squire Stratocaster
Squire Amp
Sqiure Precision Bass
Fender Rumble 15 Bass Amp
Paradise Acoustic Guitar
No. As I said before, the song is fingerpicked in the intro, without a capo (at least live), and the rest is played with a pick. The only reason the intro sounds so strong is because of the overdubbed notes on the studio version.

Bry