Whats the easiest way to remove one...i wanna buy a guitar, but i dont want there to be any name on the headstock. Im kinda freaked out to try and buy one off of ebay that already has a blank headstock and there is pretty much no store that will ever carry one.
why do you want to take it off??

my best guess would be paitn thinner or other corrosives
Quote by Murph_DeVane
why do you want to take it off??

my best guess would be paitn thinner or other corrosives

cuz im still buying a cheapo guitar...plus i hate fender and other name brand type stuff(i know, their the best and what not, but i still hate them)
fender ones are painted on, but they are under many layers of clear coat. gibson type ones are inlayed into the wood and you would have to dremel them out, then fill the hole
Fender blues deluxe and an Epiphone Les paul

Quote by utsapp89
Volume=Emotion.
Your best bet is to just sand through the clear coat on the WHOLE headstock and the decal. Then cover the rest of the neck except the top face of the headstock and respray the clear coat.

I'd say just leave it be though :P
Quote by Yerffej
fender ones are painted on

They aren't painted, they are decals.
yea, sand it down, fender and fender copies are not painted on, they are just a decal with 2-3 coats of clear coat over it, its not hard to take off, sand it off with 180, 80 is too low a grit and will make your headstock thinner
Why are you freaked out to buy a blank one? Those Mighty Mite replacement necks are decent, I have one.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by Metalcore_slave
Your best bet is to just sand through the clear coat on the WHOLE headstock and the decal. Then cover the rest of the neck except the top face of the headstock and respray the clear coat.

I'd say just leave it be though :P

^^ This would be your best bet. But it will be a pain in the ass taking it off because you will have to unstring it, take out the tuners and string trees, then sand the whole thing down and re-clear it. Thats about the only thing your gonna be able to do to get it off and make it look good again.
Quote by ClaptonRules
^^ This would be your best bet. But it will be a pain in the ass taking it off because you will have to unstring it, take out the tuners and string trees, then sand the whole thing down and re-clear it. Thats about the only thing your gonna be able to do to get it off and make it look good again.

nah i do it all the time on my other cheap strat lol is there any corrosive that will eat the finish off. but not damage the wood? thanx for everything
Not that I know of. I have tried every type of paint thinner and paint remover, and the only easy way I found to do it is just to sand it off.