Well in thinking of my next amp which will be a half stack, i know that 100 watts is ridiculously loud. i have a 50 watt tube combo now so i know how loud that is. So really i just can't decide if i want 100 watts or 50 watts. becus 100 watts would suck tryin to use anywhere but a show, and 50 watts might not be good enough for a show. main thing that got me thinking of this was the JCM 900 which has 50 watt heads and 100 watt heads. any input would be cool, thanks
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
um get the 100 watt head. it dosnt suck that much if you are not using it for a show and besides its f**king 100 watt thats alot. and if you dont like your neighbours just crank it up
50W of tube power is more than enough for any show, really, especially if it's pushing four 12-inch speakers.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
does your combo have an external speaker lead?

it shoud be in the back if it does. i recommend that, if you like the kind of sound you get from your current combo, you just plug a cable from the external speaker jack to a speaker cabinet.

that being said, 50 w is definately plenty, because for some reason tube seems to be louder than solid state.

and the cab that you choose REALLY MATTERS choose one that sounds good through the head you're getting.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by bshizzle911
Well in thinking of my next amp which will be a half stack, i know that 100 watts is ridiculously loud. i have a 50 watt tube combo now so i know how loud that is. So really i just can't decide if i want 100 watts or 50 watts. becus 100 watts would suck tryin to use anywhere but a show, and 50 watts might not be good enough for a show. main thing that got me thinking of this was the JCM 900 which has 50 watt heads and 100 watt heads. any input would be cool, thanks

dude go for a combo, all the pros say that a combo is much more versatile for gigging with as in small clubs it will be easy to lug up and down stairs and in large venues you'd hope u would be miked and mixed in anyway. I suggest going all out on a sweet ****ing 50 watt valve driven combo. This way its easier to push the valves harder if ure playing a sizable venue getting that real warm distortion that we all love.

\m/
true dat thanks for the advice
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
Quote by Atreideslegend
dude go for a combo, all the pros say that a combo is much more versatile for gigging with as in small clubs it will be easy to lug up and down stairs and in large venues you'd hope u would be miked and mixed in anyway. I suggest going all out on a sweet ****ing 50 watt valve driven combo. This way its easier to push the valves harder if ure playing a sizable venue getting that real warm distortion that we all love.

\m/

idk if its more versitile bc my old half stack was easier to move around bc it was much lighter than my new JMC900, but once i put some locking rollers on it, it will prolly be easier. Does anyone have any suggestions for some locking rollers?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Well, some combos are monstrous to carry around. It's the main reason I got rid of my 5150 combo. At 85 lbs and 2/3 the size of a 4 x 12 cab, it made moving it up and down stairs by myself rather dangerous. I almost wiped out with it a couple of times. Other large 2 x 12 combos would be just as difficult.

I like my El Diablo 60C combo. It's only 20 lbs lighter than the 5150, but the size makes all the difference. I can lug it around without any problems, and it's plenty loud for any gig. However, I do regret not getting a head and 2 x 12 cab instead... There's just something about the tight low end of a closed back cab that you can't get with an open back combo.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

hey also, do combo versions of amps actually sound as good or the same? specifically the jcm 900. thanks
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95

Quote by szekelymihai
The actual pre and power amps are the same on the heads and combos. It's the speakers that make them sound different. A closed back cab always sounds punchier than an open back combo. But plug a combo into a cabinet, and it will sound exactly the same as the head (barring tube differences).