nice one for looking lads!

Question 1. Ibanez Tube screamer

what are they like, i seen the limited edition one on the internet for like 50 euro, is that just a sick joke or are they really that cheap? i know theyd be more from a shop and id be for inclined to buy it from a shop. so are they good? i woo uld be getting it to use for solo's and stuff, aswell to crank out the harmonics, ive got a Ds-1 for rythm and what not.

Question 2. CS-3 vs Digitech equivelent (cant rember what its called) Xseries or sumit.

i have a CS-3 and, well i picked it over the Digitech one, and well its not as great as i imagined it to be, the sustain isnt really that long and thers aloooot of noise, but i already new ther would be. so is the digitech one better for sustain and what not?

Question 3. practice Amp

well its far to much effort to go all the way out to the garage to play my full set up only to do a few practice licks and scales. so im gonna buy a small 15 - 20 watt practice amp, more than likely marshall, with buckets of reverb if possible, any recomendations?

thanks for listening guys, i didnt want to be a goon and make 3 new threads but this may be just as anoying
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
1. They're only really useful if you've got a valve amp, they're overdrives you see, they don't usually work on solid states.

2. Best thing to do would be to try the Digitech one, I don't have a clue about these things, but the CS-3 isn't really a noticable effect.

3. No, not Marshall, look for a Vox Valvetronix, but what sounds are you looking for from an amp?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
1. Yea you want a tube amp to actually get the benefits of a tubescreamer or any other Od pedal as a matter of fact.
2.I'm assuming you're talking the compressor right? Well i havent actually treid one but what ive heard its one of those effects that as soon as you get one you'll always have it on, more aimed at metal/high gain tones, but yea try both and see which one you prefer
3.Yea have a look at the vox valvetronix, or a roland cube could be useful
oh right tube screamer, tube amp, now i get it, sorry i forgot to specify the amp ther runnin through, its a line6 spiderII 210, so it would not be great for that amp i doubt it. i was looking for sounds like Vai and malmsteen through the practice amp but i would like a versitile amp, so maybe a VOX like you's said might do it, i dunno, it has to reverb though. i was told the MG marshall series were utter Biblical crap! but maybe not for a small 15 watt?

thanks
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Last edited by Zeds.Ded at Jun 9, 2006,
The Vox's have good reverb, and actually useful built in effects.
Don't be afraid to care"

suppose yeah, the roland cube 15 looks nice, and its not to bad for money, but lackage of reverb, the MG15cdr is in between the price range but yous guys reckon thers a subsantiale difference in sound quality and manufacture quality? how do you's feel about the Crate GT15R ?
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
Last edited by Zeds.Ded at Jun 9, 2006,
Hmm, the MG is just plain bad, and I'm not too fond of small Crates too.
Honesltly, if you don't play too much metal, the Vox will prob suit you perfectly for a great amp for small price with reverb rtoo.
Don't be afraid to care"