Is it harder to play fast with thicker strings? Or does it just effect your bending and vibrato?
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
I have 12-54s on my jag.
Wonderfull tone. But they're more suited for rythym/jazz/blues players. Because they do slow you down quite a bit. And require quite a high action. It's only hard to bend on the lower strings/higher frets etc. for this reason im switching to top heavies.
12-56s in half step down tuning are still difficult to get around. Moving up to 13-58s or 13-60s is even worse.

EVERYTHING changes... you have to have loads of new strength to do the simplest things.

EDIT: People who downtune by more than half a step are cheaters. I see wayyyyy too many people buy huge strings just to downtune them to drop-C#.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
12-56s in half step down tuning are still difficult to get around. Moving up to 13-58s or 13-60s is even worse.

EVERYTHING changes... you have to have loads of new strength to do the simplest things.

EDIT: People who downtune by more than half a step are cheaters. I see wayyyyy too many people buy huge strings just to downtune them to drop-C#.

I play 012s and 013s in standard tuning.
i use zack wylde boomers 10s-60s i love them thin on the high and thick on the lows, but with my nez i use thinner strings cause of the floyd rose o and i down tune my 1st guitar
I'm using 9-50s and I see no major effects on my playing, It took roughly 30 mins to get fully used from the change from 9-42.
I play 13 gauge, but they're flat wound
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...