Hi, I'm looking to only buy DiMarzio, so please don't recommend other stuff. What would give me the most versatile pickup config for my future RG1570? Any ideas? I was thinking of going full on Evolution, but I don't want to restrict myself, any recommendations?
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ibanez Paul Gilbert Picks
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
Hello?
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
What kind of tones are you looking for?

thats a rather broad statement..

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Ok tones:

Bridge: Nice crunchy distortion with high mids and the treble and bass should be average, clean yet crunchy

Center: Twangy with good cleans

Neck: Nice warm and round tone, but should still be able to catch pinch harmonics

So?
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
well as you said you want evolutions. then get atleast one neck or bridge pickup of evolutions. Go to www.dimarzio.com and there is a little survey thingy which pick up is for you at the bottom of the page it shows like little pictures of pickups and it says what pickup is for lala.

uhm air norton for neck?
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
PAF Pro (neck), no idea about mid, FRED (bridge), and yes I like Satch, and yes, I am being biased, but I think is might be true, although if you want a little more distortion go for Evo-ness, despite the fact that theyre a little treble-ey.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Does an Evolution in the bridge give you the ability to do classic rock or stuff from the 80's etc... or is it skewed towards metal/Steve Vai kinda stuff and can't do other stuff?

And what about Evo 2? how does it compare?
Quote by amazingdm
Does an Evolution in the bridge give you the ability to do classic rock or stuff from the 80's etc... or is it skewed towards metal/Steve Vai kinda stuff and can't do other stuff?

And what about Evo 2? how does it compare?

The Evo 2 is less agressive than the original. It has less bite/harshness.

an evo pair would probably be nice, maybea YJM in the middle? I seem to like the YJM alot lately.
sounds like you want a tone zone in the neck.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Tone Zone & Air Norton combo is a good choice. Middle pickup could "Class of '55".

I've got EVO's on my JEM, and tbh it's not the most versatile guitar with those pickups. Allthough, I don't look for very different tones.