I'm getting a Les Paul in the Summer and i was watching a beatles anthologya dn saw George harrison playing a les paul and had a red finish and cream bind and scratch plate. I did some research and found out that Clapton had given him it...

Anyone know what im on about? anyway i descided that, thats the finish that i want. Does anyone know if Gibson will do this finish or will i have to ring them up and get them to do it specially?
Last edited by Antroid at Jun 9, 2006,
from what i've heard, I believe harrison was greatly influenced by clapton
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
if u buy a 2005 gibson lespaul supreme the finish was a deep wine red with a cream binding, the hard ware was gold and there was no scratch plate. if u did want 1 it is an easy part to get an LP plate and attach it to the guitar (best leave the attaching part to a pro though)

hope this helps dude

RAVEN
my gear:
Gibson custom les paul Pageburst
PRS SE single cut
eppiphone les paul custom black beauty
B.C rich mocking bird
B.C rich KKV
yeah ofcourse, clapton and george were best friends. but that's not what he asked. i think you'll still be able to find them, it won't be too hard. let me know what les paul you're getting, i'm curious.
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
err.... at first i was jsut gonna get a standard....but obviously theres loads lol.

And i want to make it clear it isnt a red wine finish....i think its heritige cherry? not sure.

Apreciate any crits on diferent les pauls to descide which one to get.

This is it:

but more red rather than pinkish (Light)
now i can see the whole pic it makes a bit more sense lol, gibson definatly use this colour on current models if not eppiphone probhably do.
or a gibson custom if u want the exact replica... thats a bit more pricey though but they do good work i have had 3 gibson custom guitars and never a single let down
my gear:
Gibson custom les paul Pageburst
PRS SE single cut
eppiphone les paul custom black beauty
B.C rich mocking bird
B.C rich KKV
yeah that's a nice guitar, i found that pic too. it was given to harrison by clapton and later used on while my guitar gently weeps. very nice guitar, wish i had the money to buy one, but i think i'll just go for an epi like everyone else. why spending so much on a guitar just for the headstock and name, it just doesnt make sense
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
George and Eric were best friends so Eric gave it to him.
Clapton did play the solo on While my guitar gently weeps(kinda on topic)
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
another off topic note but not, Layla is written about George Harrison's wife If I heard correctly
Retrace The Footsteps that brought us to this favor
George helped Clapton write badge
Quote by Frank Zappa
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post
If you want one that color, I'd say buy one that is candy apple red. Such as this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Candy-Apple-Red_W0QQitemZ7421324580QQcategoryZ38086QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Or you could get one that is "ferrari" red. I don't think they still make them that color.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.