Im sorry if this isnt the right place to post, but since it has to do with my gear, i decided to post it in the GG and A thread. Anyway, on my dmusic, I want you guys to compare my tone. I have a file there called tone test, and I play the same two things with a different tone back to back. I was just wondering what your opinion is between my two tones, as I am trying to find one that I like, and one that other people will like as well. Also, mods, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it. Thanks
my dmusic
while i didn't really like either, heres what i thought of both tones.

the first one sounded kinda like a wet fart. the treble in it wasn't bitting more as it sounded like it was melting. no reall low end.

the second one had no treble at all. sounded like it was all low mid. no real low end either.

it's hard to say witch one was "better," probably which one sucked the least. i'd probbaly say the first on in that case, just for the fact it was sharper and a little bit more articulate.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Nice playing throughout, sounded very tight.

The tone was ish. Prefered the second one though the first one was too screechy.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
Nice playing throughout, sounded very tight.

The tone was ish. Prefered the second one though the first one was too screechy.

the first one rocked , go for that.

i thought that was great playing 2
I liked the first one more but as gpderek said, neither was that good.

Would like to point out also, your pinch harmonics were awesome!
The second one was a bit more listenable to me, but i wasn't really amazed by either.

Crappy mic?
^ no, ones a spyder, the other is a metal master.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

btw, what did you use to record. the quality is pretty nice i think.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

^ Yeh I agree.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by Danno13
The second one was a bit more listenable to me, but i wasn't really amazed by either.

Crappy mic?

Yeah, Im using a 10 dollar mic that I got from walmart. As for the gear, yeah, its some ****ty stuff, but it gets the job done for just practicing in my room.

Quote by gpderek09
btw, what did you use to record. the quality is pretty nice i think.

Im just using a ****ty mic from walmart along with Audacity. Not the greatest, but it works.
it sounds pretty good quality.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

^ Yeh you're getting some really good quality considering you got a cheap mic and cheap gear.

And, again, nice playing
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Do you guys seriously think it was good playing? On the CFH riff, I think I butchered it completely. It was just a quick recording of a few riffs off the top of my head to compare tones... but whatever. You guys raised my self esteem level a little. I thought I sucked...
^ playing was alright. that little lead part in seek and destroy wasn't that great. over all not bad. cfh sounded sweet. the tone wasn't great, like i said. but the recording quality was pretty good.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by thetoastinator
Do you guys seriously think it was good playing? On the CFH riff, I think I butchered it completely. It was just a quick recording of a few riffs off the top of my head to compare tones... but whatever. You guys raised my self esteem level a little. I thought I sucked...

I wasn't gonna say anything, but if you want me too...

lol
What were you using in the clips? Since it was a test I thought you were gonna tell us (or have you already :confused

I'm guessing one is the Spider's distortion and one is your pedal on the Spiders clean channel?

And as for the playing, I still think it sounded overal pretty good. There were a few slipups but it all sounded pretty tight and generally well put together.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
the levels of both of them are off the 1st one sounds better cause its louder
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
Whats your gear?

I suggest turning the mids up.

The recordings were alright, didn't pickup much bass. That being said your first clip, sounded like it had a lot of treble with little bass and no mids. The second clip sounds like it has a lot of bass and minimal treble. The first clip to me sounded very digital esp on the cowboys from hell bit. I personally don't like either clip.