Dunlop Formula 65 Guitar Polish is what I use. Works like a charm.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Use guitar polisher...and watcht out every corner
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
Furniture polish like Pledge spray works well. Don't use citrus oil or oil soap type cleaners though.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
what type of guitar is it?

what type of neck?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sometimes guys use pledge, there's alot of water in it so make sure u get it all off. its not going to ruin anything but its not ideal.

i like natural lemon oil and a soft toothbrush. i mean the stuff is so cheap there's no reason not to pick some up for next time. (only a couple times a year really.)

and because u have a trem bridge, dont be surprised if the bridge sits differently after u restring it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

buy this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Formula-65-Guitar-Polish-Kit?sku=425270

the polish works like a charm, it made my LP shine. i havent tried the wax yet but im sure its just as good.

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I use fender guitar polish for my body, pickguard,hardware, and headstock. for the back and front of the neck i clean it with finger ease.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by Crunchmeister
Furniture polish like Pledge spray works well. Don't use citrus oil or oil soap type cleaners though.

i used the citrus one on my guitar the first tiem i tried to clean it, and it didnt work so well lol. IO has stains on it for the next 2 months, and it was constantly greasy untill i got some proper Gibson guitar polish. Right now evertytime i restring, i relubricate my fretboard using dunlop citrus oil and a toothbrush to get the finger gunk out. and gibson guityar polish an an eye glass cloth to polish the body. I really leik the eye glass cloths cuz theyre so soft and absorbant. after i polish ym guiatr its soooo ncie
^LAf, no. its really bad for the wood.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Make sure to clean in between the pick ups and the actual frets. It's hard to see sometimes, but A LOT of dirt and nasty finger stuff builds up on the frets.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
DO NOT USE FURNITURE POLISH. It clouds the finish. Wait and get real guitar polish
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
if you have some car wax lying around, and a buffer... you can do an amazing polishing job with that...

its what i do with my guitars once in a while... gets the the minor scratches out too
will i screw up my guitar if i take all the strings at once to clean around the pickup areas
zep, polish is great for the painted surfaces, just not unfinished wood necks. for that u use oil.

and sky, when u take all the strings off at once, u run the risk of chaning ur setup. not anything u cant fix again, but if ur not great at setting up yet, ur better off swapping a string at a time, until u can.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I just use a rag to get the dirt off.

How would i get rust off of the screws, pickups, saddles...etc?
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by skybl4ck
will i screw up my guitar if i take all the strings at once to clean around the pickup areas

I believe your suppose to take all the strings off at once...It makes it easier to change the strings, plus there's no other way to clean the fretboard/pickups.

EDIT: NovemberRain: They have special chemicals that remove rust. I believe most stores with cleaning supplies would have it.
Quote by zeppelin68
if you have some car wax lying around, and a buffer... you can do an amazing polishing job with that...

its what i do with my guitars once in a while... gets the the minor scratches out too

I am going to try that but I am just making sure: Will it cloud the finish or screw anything up?
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
no, its cool, u can wax the painted surfaces.

some guys compound out scratches too. i wouldnt do that unless i researched the best compound and had a buffer first, but they have scratch removers for cars, work for guitars too.

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/megscratxbrf.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I know this is one hell of a bump.

But how would one go about cleaning the pickguard with the strings still on?
Its gotten fairly dusty :/
Quote by jmag

God, you make a 5-year-old seem like master Yoda, as far as patience goes.
not easy, but to get the hard to reach spots, u use qtips and small cotton rags, anything that can reach the corners.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

umm

anyone tried lighter fluid ?
my friend uses it for his sz520.
shines like a mafacka.

use windex to clean covered humbuckers.
it gets rid of that nasty sweat / fingerprint build up.
yuck !

i guess i'ma grab myself a dunlop 65.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

^ it would kinda suck polishing your guitar with lighter fluid, and then watch it catch fire
Quote by jj1565
not easy, but to get the hard to reach spots, u use qtips and small cotton rags, anything that can reach the corners.

yep do that or you could use a rag and just loosen your strings