Page 1 of 2
okay, now everyone knows pink floyd kicks anus but that's besides the point, i wanna know wat u think.....who thinks pink floyd did drugs? I've heard different peoples opinions, ive even heard that they said themsleves that they didn't, anyway, just post ur replies.....
i'm pretty sure they did, just watch the wasll dvd for proof - hammers with legs???
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Pink Floyd defiantly did drugs... this shouldn't suprise you,, it was the 60's buddy.

I read once that they were so into, they would slip acid into eachothers drinks while they went to the bathroom or somthing,, they couldn't get away from it...

You think Sid Berret's mind just blew itself?
They probably did drugs.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
No dude, whoever says they did is lying. You know how people credit Minor Threat with starting the Straightedge movement? That's a load of ****. It was really Pink Floyd. They were rebels man, fighting all the druggies.

The Grateful Dead carried the straightede ideals on, and eventually Minor Threat brought it to punk.
Dude come on, are you ****ing daft or something?

Jim morrison started straight edge, and THEN floyd adopted the ideals.

Most overlooked however is def leppard, who agreed that any member in the band caught drinking or shooting up would have to be eliminated.

Steve clark didn't die, he was taken out. You seeeeeeeeeee
My bad man, I obviously haven't been studying the straightedge movement as long as you.

I'm more interested into abstinence, and what a huge influence it has on the music of the 80's. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about since you were talking about Def Leppard.
Yes, bands like motley crue, poison, winger, and hanoi rocks all put forward the message of a drug free society. Heavier bands, such as metallica and megadeth, focused more on the drinking side of the debate, trying to bring back prohibition. Dave mustaine was however, a very passionate anti drug spokesman, back in the day. He even left metallica to form his own band, promoting the ideals of a society free of any mind altering substances.

On the flip side, were bands like stryper, rocking hard and partying harder, in the name of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Some say they even worshipped satan.
All true. It's good to see a man who knows his stuff.

Have you studied any modern pro-drug free/pro-abstinence music? Andre Nickatina, Mac Dre, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, and Tupac also follow along with the Morrison/Floyd straight-edge ideals, and teach our youth that Marijuana is the devil's plant, and that sex should only be done never. I notice some other bands like Leftover Crack that use real facts to show the dangers of violence, and drug abuse.
Dude! Of course Pink Floyd used drugs. THey ****ing played a concert to the dead of Pompay. Mostly all famous musicians back in the 60s and 70s tripped on dosages. That's why the music is so unique and psycedelic.
As far as rap goes, i'd also reccomend nas as far as straight edge, he was quite an activist on that, but not so much as dr dre, obviously.

Also, good call on loc, definantly anti drug. Them and their predecessor, choking victim did a whole lot for the good of our nation, they also played an unreplacable part in bush's reelection 2 years ago.

When the iraq war started, much like elvis, stza enlisted in the army! God bless him!
^ do you mean Morrison as in Jim Morrison? And you are trying to say he was drug free?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Quote by ATL_420
Dude! Of course Pink Floyd used drugs. THey ****ing played a concert to the dead of Pompay. Mostly all famous musicians back in the 60s and 70s tripped on dosages. That's why the music is so unique and psycedelic.

Oh my god dude, what the hell? Do you even research before you post?!

Dr. Dre's album "The Chronic" paints a perfect picture of what can happen if you abuse drugs. The final track, entitled "The Roach" shows your future if you abuse drugs.
Quote by Tenacious Me
^ do you mean Morrison as in Jim Morrison? And you are trying to say he was drug free?

No I'm talking about Jamal Isaac Morrison, the famous basketball player.
Quote by PooKoo
Dude come on, are you ****ing daft or something?

Jim morrison started straight edge, and THEN floyd adopted the ideals.

What? Jim Morrison, straight edge? He died of a drug overdose! He habitually tripped on acid and was coked up during almost every show. He would be so ****ed up on stage that the band hardly ever knew what the hell he was ranting about. He also was frequently arrested for public intoxication and misconduct.
Quote by tupperware03x
Oh my god dude, what the hell? Do you even research before you post?!

Dr. Dre's album "The Chronic" paints a perfect picture of what can happen if you abuse drugs. The final track, entitled "The Roach" shows your future if you abuse drugs.

Dude, the topic of the forum is Pink Floyd and drug use. Not Dr. Dre's the chronic. Stick to the topic before you begin your mindless ranting of how you think your opinion is far superior to anyone elses.
Maybe you shuold shut the **** up and stop talking because you obviously have no idea and no open mind. I see your user name has 4 20 in it. YOu may as well go die, you damn drug using hippy.

**** you.

Anyways, the chronic is an EXCELLENT anti drug album, i also really like the anti abortion theme it has.

And pink floyd, as we've already cleared up, are advocates of the straight edge movement, and your beloved jim morrison, who i happened to know personally, NEVER did any drugs.

So i believe you lose.
There's no doubt they did drugs. If i had to guess, heroin.
Proud member of The Bass Militia! PM IndieMetalhead to join!

Quote by Fast_Bear
You know your a Bassist when you practice near the ocean, and whales respond.
Pshh Pink Floyd NEVER did drugs. "Bike" is such a cliche song, Donny Osmond could have written it!
Quote by ATL_420
Dude, the topic of the forum is Pink Floyd and drug use. Not Dr. Dre's the chronic. Stick to the topic before you begin your mindless ranting of how you think your opinion is far superior to anyone elses.

Wow, faggot. I love how you think you have any sort of power over me, and that you can make me stop talking. I also love how you completely ignore the fact we were talking about Hair Metal, Jim Morrison, and Leftover Crack. You're one of those closeminded douches that hate rap only because of what they hear on the radio, don't you?

It's terrible when you completely miss the ties Dr. Dre has to Pink Floyd. They've both played a major roll in the straightede movement.

And dude, I don't think my opinions is superior, I know it is, seeing as Pookoo and I are the only ones who did research in here.
That was syd barret, dumbass, that was a different era, back then they experimented the sperm of a male scorpion, known as one of the deadliest drugs in the world. This drove syd barret insane, prompting the band's drug free era.

GAWD, you people are dumbasses.
That's right Poo koo, I'm the close minded one. You are the deushe that asumes that because my name has 420 in it, that I'm a lazy, smelly, drug addicted hippy. And just sayin **** you and just sayin I'm wrong proves no point. C'mon now, back up your opinions with facts. I know you can Pooky.
Quote by ATL_420
That's right Poo koo, I'm the close minded one. You are the deushe that asumes that because my name has 420 in it, that I'm a lazy, smelly, drug addicted hippy. And just sayin **** you and just sayin I'm wrong proves no point. C'mon now, back up your opinions with facts. I know you can Pooky.

If you want to give druggies a good name, learn to spell.

And don't call me pooky. I would say something but i'm sure it wouldn't get through your drug addled mind.
Quote by ATL_420

My god, you mother should have aborted. We've backed up our opinions with facts, and what have you done? Said we're acting superior?

Wow. For someone so "smart", you're failing to look at the big picture..
Quote by tupperware03x
Wow, faggot. I love how you think you have any sort of power over me, and that you can make me stop talking. I also love how you completely ignore the fact we were talking about Hair Metal, Jim Morrison, and Leftover Crack. You're one of those closeminded douches that hate rap only because of what they hear on the radio, don't you?

It's terrible when you completely miss the ties Dr. Dre has to Pink Floyd. They've both played a major roll in the straightede movement.

And dude, I don't think my opinions is superior, I know it is, seeing as Pookoo and I are the only ones who did research in here.

Dude, stop this juvenille generalizationing. I'm down with rap music. Your ADD has just gotten you off the core topic of disscussion of Pink Floyd. **** Hair/ Glam Metal!
****! I've done my research on drugs and music. By actually doing the drugs and playing guitar. Do you have any idea the level of playing one can achieve on LSD? It's ridiculous.
Quote by ATL_420
Dude, stop this juvenille generalizationing. I'm down with rap music. Your ADD has just gotten you off the core topic of disscussion of Pink Floyd. **** Hair/ Glam Metal!

We were on topic, until you brought us off topic. Way to go, hypocrite.

And before you say "well you're off topic too", I couldn't care less. I'm not the one bitching off topic. If you're down with rap music, fine. I don't care. You still a douche(check the spelling) who's missing the entire point of me and pookoo's comments.

Quote by PooKoo
**** metal?

Hm?

Don't you mean, deushe metal?
LOLOLOL!

i bet you listen to lil jon.

Well they're both down witht he ATL and weed! lol!
Quote by dustafust
Pink Floyd defiantly did drugs... this shouldn't suprise you,, it was the 60's buddy.

I read once that they were so into, they would slip acid into eachothers drinks while they went to the bathroom or somthing,, they couldn't get away from it...

You think Sid Berret's mind just blew itself?

well said.......Syd barret went crazy from all the LSD and I beleive it was acid.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Pookoo and Tupperware, y'all are the fools that believe Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, and Jim Morrison were straigt edges. Dude! and I'm the moron?
The only time Pink Floyd used big drugs was in the sixties with syd barret and LSD. In the seventies when they had most of their fame the most they used was probably mary jane. who really knows though, the wall is a pretty deep album.
Sarcasm? you go from strongly supporting your opinion to saying it was sarcasm.
Page 1 of 2