A stupid question i know but i don't know whether i could use a guitar amp for a bass.
any answers guys?

thanx
ROCK ON!
no

it just doesnt work or sound as good.
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
^For about a year I used a guitar amp as my main gigging amp. It never failed, and it always gave me the tone I was looking for.
You can blow out the speaker on a guitar amp with a bass
It's not made to handle the low frequencies.
technically you can.... best to keep volume down though so you dont push the speaker to hard. Up to you if you wana take the risk .
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
^Of course you can blow or crease a speaker....but we're not talking about speakers....we're talking about amps. And any knowledgable person on this forum will tell you that oyu can in fat play bass through a guitar amp.
yes you can. i have been playing through one for a while now, because it sounds better than my small practice bass amp. no adverse effects so far. not cranked it though, still audible enough over music.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Bumper
^Of course you can blow or crease a speaker....but we're not talking about speakers....we're talking about amps. And any knowledgable person on this forum will tell you that oyu can in fat play bass through a guitar amp.

But have you never heard of somebody calling a combo amp simply an "amp?"

I'd never play a bass through a guitar combo.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
^When it comes to combos you ahve to take other things into consideration. I'd play through a 112, or a 115 combo at mid to low volumes with no worries.....but anything smaller and I'd be a nervous (and a bad sounding) wreck.