Thoughts?

I played one today at my local guitar shop and I loved it. What do you guys think?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I think its a beautiful looking guitar, but the shoddy trem pushed me away from it...after i awhile the metal wears out and it will no longer stay in tune...but other than that it would be a nice guitar...i personally dont own one...but have tried similar models to it
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Nice actually, haven't heard it or tried it to know how it sounds, but it looks pretty hot. Nice colour too.

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
I generally don't like or play many Ibanez guitars, my friend was the one who got me to play it because normally I wouldn't even pick one up, but I loved it, sounds great clean too, and of course it's great on overdrive.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
Last edited by Mike1109 at Jun 9, 2006,
Nice man, I'd get that anyday. Well mabye not, but I'd play it
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Right, my friend just bought this guitar, and I played it recently so this is fresh in my mind:
The guitar looks ok....not my favourite but I can understanf why it is likeable, so thats not a problem. The pickups are Ibanez stock pickups so.....a but crap really, but theyll sound ok with a decent amp. The neck is Wizard but not one of the best, the lacquer isn't that great.
The only real problem is the trem. It feels very cheap, and my friend said as soon as he pulled it up one of the saddles slipped way forward. So the build quality of the guitar isn't amazing, but for a mid-ish level guitar it is good, and not for a bad price either.
's no Radius tho....

hope I helped, you mind saying what stage your at in terms of playing?

JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i'm an proud owner of this guitar, only in black with silver...the mirror look...
it's a great guitar...but I'm going to replace the pick-ups through seymour duncan
and the trem sucks...if you use it a lot, it won't stay in it's hole...
but it always stays in tuning and you can do divebombs or whammy screams like dimebag...

very nice guitar!
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
In response to JM, I have been playing a little more than 3 years, mind you I have had off and on periods if you know what I mean. I could be completely addicted to guitar for a year and then drop it for 3 or 4 months, pick it back up. I have a Marshall MG100DFX which I played it through in the store as well, and it sounded very nice. I was also looking at an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, which was the real reason I went to the store in the first place, but this was a little nicer IMO.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
Last edited by Mike1109 at Jun 9, 2006,
Here are some extra specs:

Ibanez Wizard II neck.
3pc. Maple Neck Material.
Basswood Body.
24 Jumbo frets.
Bound Rosewood Finger Board.
Perloid Pickguard.
Ibanez Edge III bridge.
Ibanez INF3 Humbucker Neck pickup.
Ibanez INFS3 Singlecoil Mid pickup.
Ibanez INF4 Humbucker Bridge pickup.
Sharktooth Inlay.
Pearloid pickguard.
Hardware Color: Black.
Colour: White.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
Well yes....it is a little nicer but rather different. But anyways, for your time that you've been playing this should be almost perfect. The only thing is that its good for like: rock, metal, metally-ish blue (Paul Gilbert?), and hard rock, so it would be good if you played those genres The marshall is not a bad amp, so its not surprising that it sounded good to you. I would have said to get a new amp first, but I guess you don't need one eh?
IMO (hehe, i never say that O_o), the Les Paul is a little limited: no trem / whammy-ness, and a bit boring looking, or at least common....and anyway, the Ibanez will play nicer, they always do!
hope that helps

JM

[Edit: Also, people knock basswood, but I like it, which is another good thing about the Ibanez]
--
You have been very helpful JM, thanks.
Like I said, my intent was to go and try out the Epiphone Les Paul Standard. To be honest I don't think it's right for me at this point. As much as I love the look of it it's just not suiting me. It has a gloss finish neck which is very annoying and almost sticky. Even the fretboard was hard to maneuver on (this may just be because it was a display model but I highly doubt it, since the Ibanez was flawless). I usually play Hard Rock and Metal type stuff but I also like Classic Rock which is why I was eyeing the LP first. Plus, like you said, the LP is kind of limited. I like the 24 frets of the Ibanez, and the tremelo despite what everyone has said was very nice when I played it, at least for dive bombs and it didn't go out of tune.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109
It has a gloss finish neck which is very annoying and almost sticky. Even the fretboard was hard to maneuver on

If I had space to sig this i would, it sums up everything I have ever though about Gibson / Epi, the fretboards and necks just don't cut it. Anyways, I'm glad I helped, and good luck.
Are you going to buy it at the store or online? Where abouts do you live? That might be important, unless you have enough money anyway

JM

[edit: Aha Canada, well still, are you going to buy online?]
--
Hahaha thanks, yeah I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way.
I might buy it from the store in my hometown if I can haggle with the guy. He said he wanted $550 Canadian for it, case included. I've seen them for $450-500 on the internet though, so I think he's trying to make a bit of a profit.
What do you think? Should I try to haggle? Maybe he will do a price-match if I bring in a printout of some other stores that sell them for a lower price.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!