I just recently bought an Original Crybaby and the button got jammed. So it wouldnt turn off. I exchanged it for a new one and the same thing happened what a piece of shit! I'm going to bring it back again today for exchange in money for a Boss Metal Zone pedal. Im just wondering if you could get a close metallica sound (Old school Metallica) and a nice heavy metal sound (Children of Bodom) out of it? Or should I just pay an extra 70 bucks for a Dimebag wah pedal? Im looking at the Weeping Demon Wah pedal, what do you have to say about that? Ive heard bad things but It doesnt have the button underneath the pedal so i dont think it would break (Im pretty sure it doesnt have a button underneath the pedal)
Last edited by Warhead666 at Jun 9, 2006,
yea my crybaby doesnt work well with my metalzone pedal. The metalzone is awesome though. I say buy it.
First, never again deal with an original crybaby. Horrid wahs.

And the Dimebag does have a button, but it is of much better quality, so you won't have problems with it.

Now, get some thing straight. A distortion pedal and wah pedal are two different things. The way you're saying it, it makes it seem that you're asking whether the heavy metal distortion pedal or dime wah will give you a better metal tone.

The Heavy Metal is a distortion pedal.

The dime wah is a wah pedal.

The wah will not give you a metal tone. If you're looking for a wah for metal , then it is the way to go.

If you're looking for a new distortion for a metal tone, I'd suggest teh Jackyl and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive. Two channels, so it's very versatile, and has a great tone!
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
First, never again deal with an original crybaby. Horrid wahs.

And the Dimebag does have a button, but it is of much better quality, so you won't have problems with it.

Now, get some thing straight. A distortion pedal and wah pedal are two different things. The way you're saying it, it makes it seem that you're asking whether the heavy metal distortion pedal or dime wah will give you a better metal tone.

The Heavy Metal is a distortion pedal.

The dime wah is a wah pedal.

The wah will not give you a metal tone. If you're looking for a wah for metal , then it is the way to go.

If you're looking for a new distortion for a metal tone, I'd suggest teh Jackyl and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive. Two channels, so it's very versatile, and has a great tone!

Im asking if I should exchange it for the distortion pedal or exchange it for a Weeping Demon or pay another $70 for the Dimebag model?
Quote by Warhead666
Im asking if I should exchange it for the distortion pedal or exchange it for a Weeping Demon or pay another $70 for the Dimebag model?

depends what you need most, if you have a fairly good distortion already, go for a wah, if not distortion is most probably more important
You might want to check out the Digitech EX7 - Distortion + Wah modelling
for about 200 bux
why don't you...cry about it?

im sorry...im gonna go spoon out my eyes...that was terrible

but in reality there pretty good. for some reason it sounds better when its with other effects. (and with a tube amp)
Ok I just got back from the Guitar Center (Long & Mcquade) and I got a Boss MT-2 (The Metal Zone) and it is just splendid, you can get just about every sound out of it. The equalizers take time to get used to as to im not used to them yet but already I got a perfect Metallica sound and a fairly decent Children of Bodom tone, it also produces awesome low end deathmetal tones and perfect high end old school deathmetal tones. There is 2 knobs for each knobby thing (button or whatever). It would be better if it had a tuner out for it but its still good.
Last edited by Warhead666 at Jun 9, 2006,
New Crybaby=crap
Used Crybaby(40$)+mods(1.20$)=pwn

Buy a used crybaby, spend 15 minutes and make it awesome
It's the most price efficient.

Whatever you do, don't fall for the Zakk signature wah, it's a standard Crybaby with about 3 parts changes.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
My 535Q is pretty nice.... but I paid 110 for it. That sucked. It's all good though... I just lost about 300 today when I sold my Crate 120 watt halfstack... play me a sad song...
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
New Crybaby=crap
Used Crybaby(40$)+mods(1.20$)=pwn

Buy a used crybaby, spend 15 minutes and make it awesome
It's the most price efficient.

Whatever you do, don't fall for the Zakk signature wah, it's a standard Crybaby with about 3 parts changes.

How exactly would you mod it? Like, its a circut board and everything is like welded well on. Its not like lego were you just pull it apart and put it on another place.
The MT-2 is quite possibly the worst distortion pedal ever made, it's just cold and lifeless. Have you tried the 535Q?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
The MT-2 is quite possibly the worst distortion pedal ever made, it's just cold and lifeless. Have you tried the 535Q?

Whats so bad about it? Just because it cant make your fuzz sound for Jimi Hendrix or Led Zeppelin? **** you.
Quote by Warhead666
Whats so bad about it? Just because it cant make your fuzz sound for Jimi Hendrix or Led Zeppelin? **** you.

So far from what i've seen, you just never stop fucking complaining.

He is right, the Metal Zone LICKS BALLS! It has no character or life to it. It's a piece of SHIT!

Now you can keep posting, as long as you stop being a dick.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Jun 9, 2006,
so from my persoanly experience the Boss Metal zone does in fact lick sweaty sack. My Favorite distortion is the Maxon Sonic distortion it is amazing. Beautiful tone Simple Drive Level and Tone controls. doesnt zap your tone great pedal i recomened it or my second would be a jeckyl and hyde
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I also would not have bought the metal zone. Thin buzzy and lifeless.

I don't think he's really developed to much of a musical ear yet.....none of us had it when we were starting....heck, I thought my 15 watt Ibanez sounded awesome!

If you're happy for now, that's all that matters.
you might wana try the vox v847
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
you might wana try the vox v847

Agreed, Vox wahs are amazing. I...just need money to get one...=(
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by Warhead666

Who said anything about hendrix? What the hell are you talking about?
It's just a ****ty pedal.
Don't assume my musical preference, idiot.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
If you want ak iller distortion pedal for around $150 check out the Robert Keeley modded BOSS MT-2.

TBH You can't get a better metal pedal for the price of a MT-2, Either.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
If you want ak iller distortion pedal for around $150 check out the Robert Keeley modded BOSS MT-2.

The Keeley modded MT-2 is actually quite nice, but the stock model is just aweful. It's cold, thin, and lifeless.
Quote by Warhead666
How exactly would you mod it? Like, its a circut board and everything is like welded well on. Its not like lego were you just pull it apart and put it on another place.

Actually, you do just pull it apart and solder on some new ones
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361378
The mods I did.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^ That makes like no sense to me like the 100k pot and the 50h or whatever. It confuses the hell outta me.
iuts the resistance of the potentiometers. different resitances = different tones
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

exactly. Its a great pedal for the price imo.
Read my post. Not this.
And then when your ears start to ring after the buzzing of the angry wasps in a tin can you can send it to Robert Keeley and have him sexify your pedal for $75 and you have an even more kickass distortion.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
And then when your ears start to ring after the buzzing of the angry wasps in a tin can you can send it to Robert Keeley and have him sexify your pedal for $75 and you have an even more kickass distortion.

Mine doesnt buzz at all, its so silent. My amp distortion hummed more.
Quote by Warhead666
Mine doesnt buzz at all, its so silent. My amp distortion hummed more.

lol. if it doesn't buzz now it will buzz later. beware. That wasnt a literal reference, it was a joke about the tone of the MT-2, which sounds like a bunch of angry bees in a can.
How will it buzz after, I love the MT-2, if you dont like it I dont care.
Quote by haveaniceday233
no im not the typical kind of guy who wants to play fall out boy and all that shi*t its pretty gay so no i wouldnt sell out

Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, selling out totally changes your sexual preference.