I plug my guitar into my computer and use its speakers as an "amp". Sometimes I use headphones. I can only hear out of one side of my heaphones though because I have a mono cable plugged into my line out port. I am wondering if I got a stereo cable would it let me hear out of both headphones (and both speakers)?

You should REALLY get an amp..

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
a stereo cable will enable you to hear out of both speakers. w/ the mono jack, insert it at different positions. before my stereo jack, i used to do this with my mono jack and it came out of both speakers.
guitar > pedal > computer. i don't live w/out effects.
i also have an acoustic.
Last edited by metalzeppelin at Jun 10, 2006,
lol you need an amp. get an epiphone valve junior. only 100mbucks off muscians frind