Hi i was wondering if anyone in UG owns a slash les paul. It looks great to me and looks to have the right electronics to cover most music. It is a Gibson custom shop guitar after all. But, it's $4000!!! If i'm going to drop that much money, i need some opinions. thanks in advance
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Your probably better off getting a Gibson Les Paul Standard for almost half the price.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
didnt know they still made those
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
those signature series guitar are sweet, but you'll pay at least $1000 just to have their name on it, plus, it won't make you play like slash!
how bout check out what electronics are in it, and buy the same custom les paul guitar, but not signature..
I wouldn't get it. It's hot, but you're paying extra for the name and the Fishman, which IMO isn't worth it.

Just get an LP Custom and save 500 bucks.
You're paying 4,000 for a guitar thats not even got a figured maple top? Thats insane. And i really hope you're not considering buying a 4,000 dollar guitar on basis of people's opinions on an internet forum, where you're unlikely to find anyone who's even seen a slash signature les paul.. In real life, that is.
now if i get a regular LP standard, that will run me about $2,000. how much will it cost for alcino II pickups?
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
about $75 each (neck and bridge)
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
if you want a real slash guitar just buy a standard and load it with APH's, slash never uses fishman piezo bridges, its just an attemp to recreate godzilla, which is no longer in production.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by taper_fra_nord
You're paying 4,000 for a guitar thats not even got a figured maple top?

Well would that mean that a 5000$ Gibson has to have an AAAAAA maple top?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Get an LP Standard, then the Alcino II's, and then get the Dunlop Slash Distortion/Wah pedal. That's about the closest you'll get to Slash, depending on what you have for an amp.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I'm going to give you some advice. NEVER buy a guitar just because one of your heroes uses it. The real fact is that your hero got paid to use that guitar a few times.

Just having a guitar with their name on it won't make you play like them, or really even sound like them for that matter. If you have their exact amp (which is most likely a modded amp), and the exact guitar they used, you'll sound like them, but you still won't play like them.

My suggestion is that you find a guitar that fits YOU. Not someone else.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
I'm going to give you some advice. NEVER buy a guitar just because one of your heroes uses it. The real fact is that your hero got paid to use that guitar a few times.

Just having a guitar with their name on it won't make you play like them, or really even sound like them for that matter. If you have their exact amp (which is most likely a modded amp), and the exact guitar they used, you'll sound like them, but you still won't play like them.

My suggestion is that you find a guitar that fits YOU. Not someone else.

i understand everything you just said. i don't want to sound like slash. though he is a great guitar player, he is not one of my "heroes". i just wondered about the guitar because of its FEATURES. but it looks like i should get a standard and save $2,000
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
i understand everything you just said. i don't want to sound like slash. though he is a great guitar player, he is not one of my "heroes". i just wondered about the guitar because of its FEATURES. but it looks like i should get a standard and save $2,000

oh my bad.. i got the impression that u wanted slash sound.. otherwise i wouldnt have said to get all that slash stuff

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by DunlopGuy

Good. Seriously-I'm glad to hear that. At least you know what you're doing-unlike 90% of the people who make topics about sig guitars.

Features wise, unless that thing makes you coffee in the morning and also functions as a hovercraft, it isn't worth $4000.

You're paying $1000+ for the Gibson Name and another $1000+ for Slash's name.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by karateguy29
Your probably better off getting a Gibson Les Paul Standard for almost half the price.

Half the price? Standards are like $350-$400, and that is $4000! Standard is like 10 times cheaper!
live to play live
Quote by ALittlesEnough
Half the price? Standards are like $350-$400, and that is $4000! Standard is like 10 times cheaper!

are you kidding? a new standard is at least $2000?!?! Ill be opening my wallet if you can tell me where to pick up a new gibson les paul standard for $350 bucks

Quote by richwatkinson
You're better off using a Les Paul Classic. That was his main guitar before all those signatures came out, and I'm sure he uses them today.

Quote by ScreaminBlues25
are you kidding? a new standard is at least $2000?!?! Ill be opening my wallet if you can tell me where to pick up a new gibson les paul standard for $350 bucks

Pawn shops perhaps? After a little negotiating of course. Some guy from the Les Paul Forum picked up an anniversary model Les Paul custom for about the same price($350); but that WAS in the 80s...
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Last edited by Mui at Jun 9, 2006,
Quote by Xenn99

Features wise, unless that thing makes you coffee in the morning and also functions as a hovercraft, it isn't worth $4000.

The perfect mod.....

I'd go with the others here and get a standard or classic, and mod it after that to your liking. $4000 is enough for a nice car....
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Quote by Mui
You're better off using a Les Paul Classic. That was his main guitar before all those signatures came out, and I'm sure he uses them today.

Pawn shops perhaps? After a little negotiating of course. Some guy from the Les Paul Forum picked up an anniversary model Les Paul custom for about the same price($350); but that WAS in the 80s...

Ya i would go with the classic.
Slash uses a LP that was custom built for him by some guy in California. He uses it on every studio recording but never live.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free