Hey, question would a combination of a Bill Lawrence L500XL at the bridge and a EMG 81 at the neck be a good? Im trying to get the killer tone of Dimebag but it would be nice to have the tone of Kirk Hammet as well. Thanks
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
Ibanez: Tubescreamer,
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
you're gonna have to go with a complicated wiring system to get it to work, with separate tone/volume controls for each pickup, because one's active and one's passive...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
man that sucks, i guess ill just go with 2 BL pickups instead of the EMG. Thanks for the info
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
^ well, I mean you can do it, but it is a little more involved, as far as I know.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
heh how much would it cost if I asked a Guitar Shop to install it for me? I really dont want to mess with the wiring and screw up my guitar.
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
just installing two passives can be $40 USD each at guitar center.
local shops might be as low as $20 each.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ill do that then, thanks everyone for the advice
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
boo? what do u mean by that?