Well i saw on a ESP M-II that it only has a toggle switch and one volume knob including emg pickups. Is a tone knob not really necessary for any guitar or is it because this baby should be running under a tube-head?
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
My friend has a guitar, personally, I think it's a waste of money. The clean tone sounds like ass, and most of the money is really only gone to the paint job and finish. I'd rather look at better guitars. My Ibanez RG 2570 E plays a lot better than his, sounds a lot better than his, and costs a lot less (around 1000 dollars less).

edit: And the weird thing is, only 2 days ago when I was playing his axe I noticed that it only had 1 knob. I quickly thought, "weird" then went back to playing.
I thhink archaon, dont know what hes talking about..... or he basically is spamming....

yes i know even the RG1570 kicks the 2570's ass...... (i have a rg1570 soon a j-custom in july)

He has a Guitar, or he has that ESP MII neck-through?
Just an influence.
I guess its like those guitars with only one pickup. A lot of people don't need all those controls to get a tone to their liking, and a lot of time's they get in the way. Like Eddie Van Halen said, "Volume is tone!".
most people run their tones completely on full and never adjust it, it makes the signal chain simpler just by removing it all together. Less pots in the guitar = more tone.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
I like to use the tone knob to dial in quick ambient clean tones (turning it all the down. Reduces the bass and highs significantly) without having to screw with the amps controls. Other then that, it's completely worthless to me.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by Funky P
most people run their tones completely on full and never adjust it, it makes the signal chain simpler just by removing it all together. Less pots in the guitar = more tone.

So its practically useless feature for example on my rg1570?? Depending on the amp?

I do mess with the tone to get a more muddied sound or less-tonish sound, especially in distortion.
Just an influence.
Quote by sylent
Well i saw on a ESP M-II that it only has a toggle switch and one volume knob including emg pickups. Is a tone knob not really necessary for any guitar or is it because this baby should be running under a tube-head?

It could be related to the fact that it's active pups. Or rather, the philosophy of active pups; whereby, it's power, not variation of tone.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by sylent
I thhink archaon, dont know what hes talking about..... or he basically is spamming....

yes i know even the RG1570 kicks the 2570's ass...... (i have a rg1570 soon a j-custom in july)

He has a Guitar, or he has that ESP MII neck-through?

:lol: I don't think so buddy.

Many of my friends have compared both guitars (RG and MII) and the RG is superior overall. The 1570 is a great guitar, but the 2570 is one step better than that. The pickups (although not the greatest) are better than the stocks in the 1570. And the new E model is much better than the old EX one apparently. Maybe you're just jealous because I have a higher model, I don't know. Whatever, I don't want to argue with you. GG

edit: By the way, the tone knob is a very useful feature, especially if you play blues. Adjusting the tone knob to low really helps to bring out the bluesy sound of the guitar. But I guess the MII isn't designed to play blues.
you would still have to replace the pups..........

thats why i didnt hesitate saying rg1570 kicks 2570s ass in cash-wise. Oh ya loving that dash word. lol
Just an influence.
I must say, the 2570 is superior, although not by much, to the 1570.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by sylent
thats why i didnt hesitate saying rg1570 kicks 2570s ass in cash-wise. Oh ya loving that dash word. lol

Yes I would definately agree with you here, but that goes for almost any guitar. As you get a more higher end guitar, your dollar per quality starts decreasing. For example, the 2570 is better than the 1570 by a small margin. And you would have to replace pups for both. I hear the 1570 stocks are absolute ****, the 2570 stocks aren't too bad actually, nice clean tone, but yea I'm gonna pop in some evolutions or duncans.