does anyone here own an Agile AL-2000? what do you think about it? is it good quality? how was the shipping and all of that? do you think it's better than an epiphone les paul?
if it helps any i own the AL-2800, with a simple switched p'up id take it over any Epi ive played (havent played any elitist)...shipping was around $20 from NJ to CO...
gitarman1, you're nothing but an idiotic troll. Keep making stupid posts like that and I'll start reporting you for spamming.

rnrsoldier, although I don't own an AL-2000, I have studied the specs and compared them to Epiphone LP's. From the specs on it, it should sound a bit better than the Epi LP Standard. It's got an all mahogany body with the same 1/16" maple top. It also has Grover tuners and a tune-o-matic bridge-just like the $500 Epi LP Standard.

The only regular Epi's that may sound better would be the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top for $400 or the Les Paul Ultra at I believe $550. Any other normal Epi's will have less tone because of that strip of alder in them.

The Al-2000 should be a bit better than the Epi LP Standard.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
and can anyone suggest a good amp that would go well with the agile AL-2000 for under say.....$200? o, and im not in a band yet or anything, i would just use it for practicing by myself at home
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Jun 9, 2006,
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
alright thanks, so the wood on it and everything is quality right?

I realize it isn't the fairest comparison, but I own an AL-2500 (and other friend bought an AL-2000), and when compared to my friend's $700 Epi Lp, I would prefer mine over his. It is a bit heavier (like 11-12 pounds...) and it sounds just a tad bit better. I guess it's because of the mediocre pickups that Epi LPs come with. Feel much better mine has half price and still good quality...
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Search the forums for "Epiphone Valve Junior"

It's supposed to be great for a practice amp. With a small cabinet it would be perfect for what you're looking for. It would be in your price range too.

And yes, the Agiles are made with good wood. The Epiphones are made with alder and mahogany, so they don't have as good of a sound. It isn't the pickups, it's that damned strip of alder in them.

Really, with the AL-2000, you can't go wrong. It's only about $200 and you'll have a great guitar. With a pickup swap I'm sure it would blow just about any average Epi out of the water.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Im about to get the AL2000 tiger eye and drop EMG 85 br. 89 neck for coil tapped cleans. In a couple weeks when its all together Ill give it a good review and pics vs my Hamer for sound quality. Im very curious about the Agile regular necks and if I should go for a 3000 slim taper neck or not though.
i second that Epi Valve Jr...5watt head, $99...used 2x12" cab @ guitar center $99...and u r set with an actually pretty set...the valve jr is all tube, and ive heard more than nice things about it...
I've heard (through this site) that it would be better to spend a little extra and go with the AL-3000.

Have you checked them out?
What pickups would be best to switch to? And what would be a good cabinet to go w/ the epi valve junior? thanks
The AL 2000 is kinda blah ... maybe you'll be happy with it, maybe not.

You won't be disappointed with the AL 3500 or the AL 3000M, both have 3/4" maple caps on top of mahogany. Pretty good bang for the buck. I end up using the 3000M more than my Gibson LP for band practice because of our spastic lead guitar who can't stop jumping all over the place and almost on the verge of causing guitar collisions or stabbing somebody in the eye. If your Agile gets banged up, you won't be crying like if it happened to your Gibson.
and to give you an idea of how much i would like it, right now im playing a yamaha pacifica which at guitar center was just a step above one of those sh*tty package things. i mean the thing is embarassingly crappy, i think, and its a yamaha for God's sake...
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Jun 9, 2006,
i have an AL-2000.
its fantastic.

buy one.

my only suggestions would be to put better strings on it and mine needed intonation/action adjustment..but all that is easy.
Imagine if you were a drummer, and you accidentally picked up two magic wands instead of sticks. There you are, keeping the beat, the next thing you know, your bass player turns into a can of soup.
al-2000 is a decent guitar, i tried my friends, and liked it, it could use some need pickups though, i heard agile quality has been going down, but i personally dont know... the only thing i hold against agiles is that you cant try before you buy... unlike epiphones...

if i were you, i would save up for one of the Agiles with an 3/4 maple cap, or an epi les paul plain top(from what im told has a 3/4 maple cap), there your best choices,

PS. guitarman1 you are a f@g, i dont know what kind of gay things you and your friends do with eachother at night, but please stop spamming, and posting random BS, i know you may thing your funny... BUT YOUR NOT, leave UG, and go touch yourself... for the sakeof us all
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
how do u change the action?

adjust the tune-o-matic bridge... tighten the screws to make it go lower(giving you lower action), or loosen to make it higer(higher action)