hey guys was wondering if the mods would be ok with having a big thread for backing tracks? this way we could all come here and d/l the posted tracks and jam along with them, because i know a lot of people like me, who can barely find any good sites off google for backing tracks.
i meant like not of cover songs, like one's just to jam to, not already made songs with everything in them if you know wat i mean.

like once i found a site it was like:

"funk jam in b major"

"slow ballad in g minor"

etc.

(with or without key, i dont need it, but some people probly would..)
yea that is actually pretty cool
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
the only thing necessary is:

A) approval and maybe sticky from mods

B) contributors

C) about 4-20 tracks to start up this thread.
dude that would be a great idea especially for drum tracks for those ppl who cant find any. dude id post some stuff for it but i dont know keys of g minor or anything so some ppl like me would have to have an example along the lines of what you want the music to sound like.ex-
Style, Tuning, Speed, Similar Songs, Some Lyrics, a Starting Riff.

i hope it works cuz this would be a great idea
i have seen this kind of thread work on another forum that was up like a few years back, but 1) i lost the link to the site, 2) they havnt updated in like years or something, and 3) some of the tracks were lacking.
Quote by mangablade
the only thing necessary is:

A) approval and maybe sticky from mods

B) contributors

C) about 4-20 tracks to start up this thread.

if you've got some tracks, start posting i guess.

i dont see why mods wouldnt want this, a sticky is more what im after, and if you can already contribute, just post a link, title and describe your track, and kudos to you!
lol I'd be able to fill up quite a bit of space with drum tracks if you're looking for those.
that would be great

i think we'd need:

tracks of drums,

drums/bass,

drums/other inst. /bass

drums/guitar

etc., as many diff tracks as we can, because we dont know if the guy wants to add bass or guitar to the track, or maybe vocals? or just a diff instrument altogether.

i for one love finding drum/guitar tracks, because then i can finally add a bass line !
OK sounds good. I got 2 options though, I can either start recording real soon but be limited to 1 mic, or wait a couple of weeks until I get my 8 drum mics setup and do some professional recordings. What do you guys want?
pro recordings seems nice if this thread works out and maybe gets stickied, then no doubt it will be here for more than a few weeks, so thats fine.
this thread needs to be bumped, ive got a neat Trip Hop backing track ill put it on yousend in a minute, hold on
bump.

if people could start contributing, and if a mod could come and decide if it needs a sticky, twould be appreciated
This thread is a good idea, allthough I highly doubt this will get anywhere. There aren't simply enough people who could make backing tracks.
http://www.freelicks.net/Backing_tracks.htm <not from real songs but good for practice.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jun 13, 2006,
metal4all:

im talking backing tracks like the one in your first link, NOT real song tracks. those are easier to find than just straight up good jam tracks.
Good news, the mics got shipped out today UPS so should be here Friday latest (I hope!) and I put on new skins today and setup all of my mic stands. Can't wait!!!
I can make some, though the quality probably won't be all that great, would what still be okay?

http://www.purevolume.com/jboynton --> Play the one track that's on there, that'll be the quality, and I can reduce the crackley noise from the bass without problem.

I can make tracks with:

Drum beats created digitally (On my PC)
Guitar
Bass (Guitar modified in Audacity [Change Pitch and Bassboost effects] - sounds good enough to me, if anyone disagrees with me doing that I can always send it to someone who plays bass to put a bassline in)
Keyboard - Though I can't really use it so erm, that's kinda down the pan
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by mangablade
metal4all:

im talking backing tracks like the one in your first link, NOT real song tracks. those are easier to find than just straight up good jam tracks.

oh im sorry. atleast i tried to help out i guess.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Any key, so people can practise different stuff.

Quote by JamieB
I can make some, though the quality probably won't be all that great, would what still be okay?

http://www.purevolume.com/jboynton --> Play the one track that's on there, that'll be the quality, and I can reduce the crackley noise from the bass without problem.

I can make tracks with:

Drum beats created digitally (On my PC)
Guitar
Bass (Guitar modified in Audacity [Change Pitch and Bassboost effects] - sounds good enough to me, if anyone disagrees with me doing that I can always send it to someone who plays bass to put a bassline in)
Keyboard - Though I can't really use it so erm, that's kinda down the pan

yeah any tracks are appreciated. are you in tune tho?! :P hahah.

but yeah do something like that, but longer, and with different parts (like a verse, than a chorus riff, bridge etc.)

EDIT: nvm the verse/chorus comment, i didnt see the 2nd track on that site lol!
Lol, well it started off as just a riff I wanted to see what people though of, I was planning on doing a song, so then I did the second track which was the full thing (I know the guitar/probably bass too change tone a bit, it was recorded on different days and I sometimes fiddle with my guitar tone so it changed then (I won't do backing tracks like that).

The whole thing is in D major, though I did actually go off because the main riff has a C#5 in it, and there's no G# in D major. Haha, and excuse the crappy solo :p, it was a little improvisation that just went a bit bad :p (I only needed it to be there to show the structure of the song, it won't be kept how it is, lol) and then I just harmonized it by copying the solo in another track, lol.

And yeah, I started a backing track, I usually get the drum loop and repeat it so it's about 4 minutes long-ish, I think that's a reasonable length of time, right? If not I can make it longer.

4 minutes fine.

anything between 1-12 minutes should do lol. kinda depends on what the guy wants to jam along to i guess
Shameless Bump.

once we get like 3+ users to submit tracks, ill start to hoarde up the links onto the first post/first page of this thread, for ease of use.

just start friggin submittin! :P
Nothing wrong with them, just not affiliated with UG =D
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!
ill have something up tonight

rip off simple metal stuff to start and you guys can tell me what you think.

Adam