What guitar has good crunch for like rock and metal like Acdc,megadeth,black sabbath etc and also is good for blues like Srv,Eric Clapton,Colin James and everything inbetween??

EDIT-price range 1500$$can(including tax)
My guitars
-Ibanez GRX40
-Norman B50 (acoustic)
My Amps
-Ibanez 10 watt
-Vox valvetronix AD100VT
My pedals
-Boss SD-1
I get all those tones out of my Les Paul, but I think thats probly a little out of your price range. You'd get better Clapton/SRV tones out of a Strat, but if you can save up the extra $500 for an LP Standard or Classic, you'd be better off with that. LP's can get that heavy tone for megadeth and ozzy and stuff, the crunchy AC/DC tone, and the clean/mild distortion blues tone. Get an LP, if you can, and a good Digitech multi-fx pedal or something and you'll get all those tones easily.

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
for 1500 you could go for an EPI LES PAUL standard or something

i have a Gibson Les paul Classic, and it has ALOT of bite, but that woudl run you a little bit more. i paid around $2300 tax incl. last summer

another great guitar (which i own0 is an Ibanez SZ 520. Best guitar you'll ever buy for money, its in your price range, (cheaper actually) and it is 100% versatile, and you can get a great bluesy crunch with it.

hope that helps

CHEERS!
Equipment:
- 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 2005 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Ibanez SZ520QM
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo 3 channel
- BOSS CE-2, Dunlop GCB 95F, Holy Grail Reverb, MXR 10 band Kerry King EQ.
Quote by Ibzman
get a musicman or a good fender

Fenders are good for the blues and the crunch rock, but I don't really get that good heavy Ozzy distortion from my Fender.

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Try a Gibson Explorer or Firebird. I love the way they look and sound, though some people think theyre ugly I <3 them
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
If I were you, i'd get a fat strat, maybe replace it with a hotter pickup. You can get some good humbucker tones for those things, and the good blues tones from the 2 single coils.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing