anyone ever played the tremolo version? they any good? i'm thinking about saving up for it...no guiar store around me has one though, so im pretty much screwed with trying it out...
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ dual EMG 81's
Epiphone Acoustic-Electric
Digitech RP200A, Line 6 Uber Metal
Dunlop Crybaby, Ibanez TS-808
Guitar Research T64-RS Half Stack
I've played a couple for extended periods of time, and I was very unimpressed.

They feel cheaply made (kind of like a little kid's toy) and the sound was nothing to write home about.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I'd love to try a PRS
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I loved em. Very comfortable guitar. A pickup change would probably be needed as I did with my old SE. The one I played had a wide then neck with a decen fingerboard raidus that let me trasfer from chords to single note freting and soloing with ease. Stock pickups are ok but that will be your decision. The maple veneer isn't beautiful but it's not eugly either. Just a decent guitar that if some work was put into it would kick ass. If you could find a shop somewhere that stocks em try it out. Keep searching.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by OsirisProtocol
I loved em. Very comfortable guitar. A pickup change would probably be needed as I did with my old SE. The one I played had a wide then neck with a decen fingerboard raidus that let me trasfer from chords to single note freting and soloing with ease. Stock pickups are ok but that will be your decision. The maple veneer isn't beautiful but it's not eugly either. Just a decent guitar that if some work was put into it would kick ass. If you could find a shop somewhere that stocks em try it out. Keep searching.

do you think emg's would sound good in it?
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
You'd be better off just buying a guitar with EMGs in it already.

Schecter Hellraiser or ESP LTD M400
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Ehh lol. I kinda dislike emgs for my personal taste but they do sound amazing for others. I think they would be great in the SE though. Just need to get it routed probably. Which EMG set are you looking at?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol
Ehh lol. I kinda dislike emgs for my personal taste but they do sound amazing for others. I think they would be great in the SE though. Just need to get it routed probably. Which EMG set are you looking at?

well i have dual 81's in my jackson...i love em to death...i would probably get the same thing for the prs
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
personally the SE series is a disgrace to the PRS name. if you want a good guitar in that price range, look somewhere else. i was going to get one, then i played it. its got crap stock pups, feels light and cheap in your hands, the heel is hell, the tremlo sucks, the stoptail sucks too cant adjust innoation, the tuners arnt that great either, and the top is flat(but thats more of a personal preference, i perfer arched tops) youd be way better off looking into a Schecter or Ibanez. and if you want EMG's i second the Schecter Hellraiser or get an Ibanez SZ series and drop the EMG's in it.
Well I think they would go good in the PRS. But there are other choice out there that have EMG's already installed so you won't have to go through extra routing. I still suggest you try it though. You could order from musiciansfriend and if you don't like it send it back. If you do like it then keep the SE and get the EMG's installed.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol
Well I think they would go good in the PRS. But there are other choice out there that have EMG's already installed so you won't have to go through extra routing. I still suggest you try it though. You could order from musiciansfriend and if you don't like it send it back. If you do like it then keep the SE and get the EMG's installed.

haha....i always thought about that, but never tried it...

also to the other ppl not recommending them...i dunno, im reading lots of reviews of them and like out of 90, 2 are bad,...
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Quote by KlRK HAMMETT
also to the other ppl not recommending them...i dunno, im reading lots of reviews of them and like out of 90, 2 are bad,...

are you talking about the PRS SE Custom or the EMG's?
Quote by lp_dude_2
are you talking about the PRS SE Custom or the EMG's?

the prs
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Quote by KlRK HAMMETT
the prs

well i still stand by what i said, its not worth the money. now if it was more in the price range of $300, then id expect it. but its $550 and for that much, or less you could so get a better guitar. example:

Ibanez SZ320: $425-$450
upgrades: pups, tuners if you want locking tuners

PRS SE Custom: $550
upgrades: pups, tuners (locking if you get tremlo model), bridge (if you get hardtail or actually tremlo model, its rather cheap)

see my point.
the pups might actually be good, i havnt tried it yet...and well, i mean its a prs tremolo...not a floyd rose...and since its not locking, i dunno who in their right mind would think theyre gonna divebomb and still be in perfect tuning
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
dude the pups suck trust me. theyre generic stock pups, thats it. i played it through a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier and just felt ashamed. the guitar sucks. and yeah its no floyd rose but there are non locking tremlos that can hold tuning, this one cant. i did some simple whammying (im not sure if thats even a word) and it went out of tune really quick.
I personally like the SE over my SZ. The SE has a PRS neck profile, thats basically why you would get this guitar over a Schecter or Ibanez. The Schecter's neck is tiny, while the Ibanez's fretboard is way too flat.

But when the SE Single Cuts come out, its a whole new ballgame.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Come on guys he wants EMG's anyway so you can't just say f^ck the guitar based on it's pups alone. The heel is "big" and I just growed used to that but it can be sanded down. There will almost always be better guitars in a price range of this type but you still gotta find what you are comfortable with. Not anyone else. So go and try the buy and return deal if you want. I agree with Funky P. I love the neck on PRS guitars. Flat enough for soloing yet cureded enough for chord progressions when it comes to the radius. The neck contour is really comfortable imo. Thats all stuff that you have to experience. The trem is decent. Unless your divebombing all the way to the body of your guitar the pitch change when you return isn't altered crazily. That's just what comes with a whammy bar in general. It's a good guitar. It can be a killer guitar if you take the time to go through some choice upgrades but it's worth it.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

its a good guitar. not the best but if you want a PRS on a budget, go for it.
Ibanez SZ320 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/59 set
Ibanez S470
Crate XT120
is there any better PRS guitars under 800?
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
I really wouldn't recommend buying a guitar you haven't at least tried or tested before. So many things wrong with this. You will really regret it.
Your best bet is to go to your local guitar store and try out as many guitars as you can that are in your price range and see which one you like best.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!