Page 1 of 20
TREMULOUS

Ive been playing this game for a week or so, its a pretty inventive FPS. ITs a free, open-source, and based of the Quake 3 engine, the engine is outdated, and it may not be extremely pleasing to the eye, but its definatly not bad.

Well, basically, there are 2 teams, Aliens and Humans. Humans play like a standard FPS character, you aim and shoot, but.. you get money for killing and you can buy better weapons at your base. The base i built by anyone on your team that chooses to build it.
The builder is responsible for building base defenses, a power source for your base, and necesities like an armory, and spawn points for your team. You win by destroying all of the enemies, and their spawnpoints so they cant respawn.

Humans play as stated above, you can kill, buy armor, buy weapons, ect.

Aliens on the other hand, play a bit differently. They have melee attacks, the run fast and swipe at the enemy. Instead of money, you get points to evolve into a bigger, badder alien. Better aliens have more abilites, more damage ect.

Its really fun, its really addictive, there is a bit of steepness to the learning curve, but you'll catch on to everything in a day or two.

My name is [T.T.O]Master Shake (im in clan [T.T.O.])

-------

Quote by Quoted from Tremulous Website
Summary

Tremulous is a free, open source game that blends a team based FPS with elements of an RTS. Players can choose from 2 unique races, aliens and humans. Players on both teams are able to build working structures in-game like an RTS. These structures provide many functions, the most important being spawning. The designated builders must ensure there are spawn structures or other players will not be able to rejoin the game after death. Other structures provide automated base defense (to some degree), healing functions and much more...

Player advancement is different depending on which team you are on. As a human, players are rewarded with credits for each alien kill. These credits may be used to purchase new weapons and upgrades from the "Armoury". The alien team advances quite differently. Upon killing a human foe, the alien is able to evolve into a new class. The more kills gained the more powerful the classes available.

The overall objective behind Tremulous is to eliminate the opposing team. This is achieved by not only killing the opposing players but also removing their ability to respawn by destroying their spawn structures.

Feature List

* Flexible particle system - 99% of the in-game visual effects are configured using particle scripts.
* 16 buildable structures with in-game functions.
* Play as several alien classes with unique abilities.
* Customize your setup as a human and buy new weapons, armour and items.
* Scale the walls and ceilings as an alien waiting for an unsuspecting human.
* Realistic physics and motion - no bunny hopping or quick back peddling.
* Flexible map system - animated mapobjects, triggering, light flares, etc.
* Large weapons system - don't like the weapon you have? Sell it and buy a different one, dozens of options.

-------

• FrEaKGuItArIsT - Rigor Mortis
  • Maddd0g - [T.T.O]Master Shake
  • HumanitysDeath - Rigz
  • t0xicitY - t0xicitY
  • Mozzaguitar - mozza
  • MadClownDisease - El_Bastardo
  • RayIII - rayIII
  • Wilty00 - Wilty
  • Guitar Guy 6006 - takebackblink
  • #1 Synth - Synth *
  • Moooooooooooooo - Ratmlz2004
  • SilentSpectacle - Klanthindron
  • Diabolic Clown - Flash Band Death
  • Archeon - Vman
  • Prove I did it - The Loser OR The Zebra Lord
  • DaddyTwoFoot - DaddyTwoFoot

My name is [T.T.O]Master Shake (im in clan [T.T.O.])

-------

======FAQ======

---
Q: No Servers are appearing whats the problem?
A: This can be 1 of 2 problems.
1) You have not changed the source (top left of server screen) to internet, simply click on it, until it says "Source: Internet."Then, press get new list, and refresh the list. Make sure to Get new list, and refresh every time you go to the server screen.
2) Your firewall is blocking it, go into your firewall and allow the tremulous.exe FULL internet access, this WILL NOT give you viruses, dont worry.
---
Q:Its SO DARK?!?! AM I BLIND?
A:No, the default gamma is a little too dark for most, adjust it in the options (look for it) OR you can press ~ to open the console, and type in /r_gamma 1.7 (1.7 is my preferred amount, any other number can be entered there, dont go above like 2 though)
---
Q: Is this game a ripoff of the HL mod "Natural Selection"
A: In short, Yes. But, they are both ripoffs of an old Quake II mod, "Gloom." And this game is much better than either IMO.
---

-------

-------

Try the game out, discuss it here, and post your in-game name.

Have fun!
BOLD.
Last edited by maddd0g at Jun 11, 2006,
Sounds good, I'm dling it now. I just have one question. DO you just create a character then any upgrades after that are kept on the character, much like a MMORPG, or do the upgrades just last for the duration of the game you are playing? I would look through the site in more detail bt I'm very tired, in fact I'm buggering off after this DL finishes.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
85%....Ugh, computers

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by Sirnogbert
Sounds good, I'm dling it now. I just have one question. DO you just create a character then any upgrades after that are kept on the character, much like a MMORPG, or do the upgrades just last for the duration of the game you are playing? I would look through the site in more detail bt I'm very tired, in fact I'm buggering off after this DL finishes.

Duration of the game, there is no long term advancements, except for maybe your skill.

Its a very fun game none the less.
BOLD.
Gunz is better IMO.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Hanzi_G
Gunz is better IMO.

I hate gunz, badly, its a laggy hackerfest.
BOLD.
Quote by Hanzi_G
Gunz is better IMO.

GunZ sucks. Are you kidding me? Soooo crappy. It used to be okay, but eh. Got bad.

I think I'll have to check this out for sure. Seems pretty damn interesting. Always loving a free FPS!
Spiral Out
I've just played it for a while, and I'm absolutely shit at it, regardless of which team I'm on. It's a lot of fun though.
Quote by Robbie n strat
I've just played it for a while, and I'm absolutely shit at it, regardless of which team I'm on. It's a lot of fun though.

Yeah, as I said, there is definatly a learning curve, but it was never frustrating, try to find games without alot of pros in it, if anyone gets more than 1 kill a minute, they are probably really good.
BOLD.
Quote by maddd0g
Yeah, as I said, there is definatly a learning curve, but it was never frustrating, try to find games without alot of pros in it, if anyone gets more than 1 kill a minute, they are probably really good.

Alright. How bloody scary are the strongest aliens? All I had was the weakest rifle and all of a sudden two of the buggers ran screaming towards me from behind a corner.
Ahaha. I refuse to be on the human team, because if I want to really shoot something, I'll play CS.

But holy hell, it's hard to kill as a beginning Alien. Those small little guys that can only touch to harm. It's horrid. And even when I evolve I suck. UGHsauze.

Anyone find anygood servers or anything?

BTW, my user is Rigz.
Spiral Out
I only play alien, its way funner, well heres some tips.

-Aim for the head, with most aliens headshots will do like 4x the damage.

-As a human, make sure there is some turrets near the reactor/inside the base, I dont know how may times I have jumped over the turrets as a marauder, and owned the entire base, because there was no turrets inside to kill me, and humans with little rifles are dead meat (they cant buy weapons without an armory).

-Dont feed. What this means is, dont get aimlessly trying to kill something and die over an over again, this will severly hurt your team, getting killed by turrets will make it take longer for your team to get to higher stages. And getting killed by players will get them money, and get them up stages. Aliens should rely on hit and run, hit (possibly kill) and run away to heal. TRY YOUR BEST NOT TO DIE.

-Pay attention to the commands on the left side, they are helpful.

-Press ~ and type in /r_gamma 1.7, it will make playing this game MUCH easier. Trust me.

-Umm, I will post more later.

IM GOING TO GO PLAY NOW, search for Master Shake using the find friend tool in the bottom left of the server screen.

Look at the servers that come up, join it, Anounce that you are from UG, and I'll help you out.
BOLD.
if i get a virus from downloading this thing im gunna be pi**ed
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by maddd0g
I only play alien, its way funner, well heres some tips.

-Aim for the head, with most aliens headshots will do like 4x the damage.

-As a human, make sure there is some turrets near the reactor/inside the base, I dont know how may times I have jumped over the turrets as a marauder, and owned the entire base, because there was no turrets inside to kill me, and humans with little rifles are dead meat (they cant buy weapons without an armory).

-Dont feed. What this means is, dont get aimlessly trying to kill something and die over an over again, this will severly hurt your team, getting killed by turrets will make it take longer for your team to get to higher stages. And getting killed by players will get them money, and get them up stages. Aliens should rely on hit and run, hit (possibly kill) and run away to heal. TRY YOUR BEST NOT TO DIE.

-Pay attention to the commands on the left side, they are helpful.

-Press ~ and type in /r_gamma 1.7, it will make playing this game MUCH easier. Trust me.

-Umm, I will post more later.

IM GOING TO GO PLAY NOW, search for Master Shake using the find friend tool in the bottom left of the server screen.

Look at the servers that come up, join it, Anounce that you are from UG, and I'll help you out.

I searched for you and nothing came up...
im guessing its only fun it theres other ppl on? cause right now nobody's on and theres nothing to kill............
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by GibsonRocker14
im guessing its only fun it theres other ppl on? cause right now nobody's on and theres nothing to kill............

...You have to join a server with other people.
BOLD.
Yea, I searched Master Shake and nothing came up.
I'm getting a little better at Alien. I like to go up in the rafters and stuff and hide.
It doesn't work all the time, but I've gotten my fair share of kills off it.

I'm done for awhile.
Spiral Out
and how do i find this server with other ppl?? cause when i get on its all empty??? i feel dumb.....
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
Um. At the Server page, do the following:

-Change Source to Internet
-Change view full to No
-Change view empty to No

and then press "Get New List"
that should bring up some new servers
If not, you're computer is having buttsex, and you'll need to seek medical attention for the herpes.

PS- I heart you because you have Dan Jacobs signature guitar as an Icon and the cheesiest lyrics from an Atreyu song in your signature.

I <3 Atreyu
Spiral Out
Quote by lahoosaher
same here, i dont get servers

Read the post above you.

Bloody ripper.

[/badbritishaccent]
BOLD.
So
I'm gonna go on a soda, chocolate and various snack run to my kitchen
and then I'll be back to play some more TREMULOUS!
If anyone wants to play, look up the player Rigz.
Join my server and be like 'YO DUDE! I KNO J00 FROM TEH UG!'
and it'll be madcowsex from there.
Spiral Out
Quote by HumanitysDeath

PS- I heart you because you have Dan Jacobs signature guitar as an Icon and the cheesiest lyrics from an Atreyu song in your signature.

I <3 Atreyu

i wish i cood sig this but it says my sig is too long.... sorry =\
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
i got it!! arent u happy!!! btw humanitysDeath.... chech ur private messages!!
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
This game owns, I just got done pwning a buncha guys in a server, finished up on humans with 24 kills, half the game I had battlesuit and lucy cannon, was just boning all the little bugs, they had a buncha the big guys for a while, but after we pwnt them all they were just running around as the little bugs getting stepped on

Thanks madd0g, my brother even likes it
Quote by GibsonRocker14
i got it!! arent u happy!!! btw humanitysDeath.... chech ur private messages!!

w00t on the sig
but, i have nothing in my PM box

Anyways guys. I'm starting to feel really numb and sick, so I'm done with this for awhile.
Thank you maddd0g, cuz this game is wicked sick.
Spiral Out
I tried the game but didnt really get it, Maybe ill give it another go tomarrow.
i cant play. it doesn't have any ****ing servers. and i dont know how to get a profile.
Quote by xchiefx
i cant play. it doesn't have any ****ing servers. and i dont know how to get a profile.

See my post near the top of the page about servers.
You can change your character name in game by pressing Esc then choosing Options.
Spiral Out
Quote by xchiefx

Change source from local to internet.

Click get new list, and then refresh.

Simple.
BOLD.
Bah, I've woken up and this has decided that it doesn't want to work. Any time I click play it just freezes up my comuter.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag