Ok im a beginner when it comes to electric guitars...I found one that i like its the Fender Stratocastor or something like that or the Paul Reed Smith which one do you perfer or tell me one if its better thanks for your help.

CLK_rocker
Which Fender Stratocaster and how much is it?
They're awesome if it's a Fender Stratocaster, get it
What music do you want to play and what amp do you have/want to get?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Depends what kind of music you like and want to play. Personally I hate Fenders with a true passion and Stratocasters even more. Ive never played a PRS (Paul Reed Smith) before. All of the ones I see are well over $1000.
Well i dont know about much of i all i know is the fender stratocastor is about 500$ so thats why i was asking i dont know much about them...but thanks for the help!
Quote by Warhead666
Depends what kind of music you like and want to play. Personally I hate Fenders with a true passion and Stratocasters even more. Ive never played a PRS (Paul Reed Smith) before. All of the ones I see are well over $1000.

Why would you hate a guitar like the StratocasteR? What did Fender ever do to you?
Quote by CLK_rocker
I will play punk,metal, just about everything if that helps any

Get the Stratocaster

Can you post a link to it or give more details?

Make sure you do a lot of research first, post stuff here if you want help
I've never played a PRS but they seem pretty badass. I would go with PRS, but I'm basing that mostly on what I've heard people say.. so don't quote me on that
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by CLK_rocker
I will play punk,metal, just about everything if that helps any

cant play metal with a strat

unless u get em fat but i think true strats gotta have them single coils

its a bluesy sometimes alternative guitar

jimi hendrix, srv, john frusciante are some people who play strats

a good metal guitar ... look into jacksons maybe im not too familiar with metal guitars

but strats are awesome guitars nonetheless... getting one if i can find work for the summer
Ok well amazingdm i found the guitar on www.musicansfriend.com so just check it out and tell me waht you think if you could pm about it plzz thanks for the help everyone
Thank god for every minute!
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
I've never played a PRS but they seem pretty badass. I would go with PRS, but I'm basing that mostly on what I've heard people say.. so don't quote me on that

...Don't advise people on things that you haven't tried before .

Threadstarter, you're going to need a guitar with humbuckers.

For $500, you'd probably be best off buying a Schecter C-1 Artist.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by PhishBone

a good metal guitar ... look into jacksons maybe im not too familiar with metal guitars

but strats are awesome guitars nonetheless... getting one if i can find work for the summer

No they don't they can have any pickup in there.. it's the shape and feel of the guitar that makes most of the guitar..

For example an American Strat HH has two humbuckers with S-1 switching so it still has single coils
Quote by PhishBone

Actually, it's more of a clean rock sound.

Classic bluesy sound is humbuckers.

This is why the ES335 is THE classic blues guitar.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Yeah i saw one like that thought it was pretty cool but my friend said he would get a Fender before anything thats why i wanted to ask everyone and for whoever said you need to try one out i have..
Quote by FacingUsAll
...Don't advise people on things that you haven't tried before .

Threadstarter, you're going to need a guitar with humbuckers.

For $500, you'd probably be best off buying a Schecter C-1 Artist.

that why I said "Don't quote me on that"

it was kind of supposed to be a hint that i was just throwing that out there.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by StaggHound
Actually, it's more of a clean rock sound.

Classic bluesy sound is humbuckers.

This is why the ES335 is THE classic blues guitar.

depends...Buddy Guy, Clapton, SRV are strats...but tones like BB King, Albert King (if im not mistaken) are hummies...i personally a strat for the blues in me
Quote by CLK_rocker
yes there are just like those!

GREAT guitars for the price. Very close to their American brothers (which are about $1000). Make sure you get a 2006 model because of the upgrades (if you buy one in a store, it'll have a 60th anniversary emblem on the back of the headstock and should say "New Fender Stratocaster" on the front.

You'll know which one is a 2006 and which is an older most likely because one is $369.99 and the other is 399.99 (the 2006).

Get a Fat Strat though so you can do some heavier stuff.
Thanks man i appreciate it...thanks to all of you who had an input!
Quote by TUMFP
depends...Buddy Guy, Clapton, SRV are strats...but tones like BB King, Albert King (if im not mistaken) are hummies...i personally a strat for the blues in me

Clapton only started using strats later on; before, his main guitar was an SG.

My main point is that strats aren't necessarily for blues.

i dont want to play blues either so its all cool!
If you want a strat, get a strat.

When you're a beginner, you don't really know what you want, so you get what you think you will want.

Personally, I think you really need to go on down to a guitar store, and work out what you want. Maybe not the specifics, but, well, you do want single coils, or humbuckers, or a combination? Or do you want a hardtail bridge, or a vibrato system? Do you want a solid body or a semi? There's a lot of options, so you really can't make any decision until you've gotten out there and worked out what you want.

Also, get something cheap, nasty, and ugly as hell. And when you make that sing, then you get yourself a decent guitar.

I agree
I think a Fat Strat is great though since you can get so much versatility and a high quality guitar