I'm not 100% sure that this thread would should be in this forum, so sorry if I made some terrible mistake. Anyway, someone shoved about 50-100 pennies inside my guitar, and also shoved a ton of gum in there. Is there any way I can possibly get all the gum out? I really don't have a ton of money to go get a new one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote by JMack
Fallinsuburbia is a very intelligent user. Trust him.

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...
I can't help you, but I have to say that I would be pretty pissed if someone put a bunch of s*** in my guitar... Bummer
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
How do you shove gum and pennies INSIDE a guitar? Unless its acoustic or a hollowbody. Which one of yours are these?
take the strings off, get a shop vac.

EDIT: assuming its an acoustic...dunno if it would be good for the body tho....
1. How the hell can you be that careless?
2. What kinda guitar is it? (as asked above)
Bring back Tabo
The guitar is pretty much not going to be able to be fixed, but its worth a shot.

Well I was playing and I heard something rattle a little, like slightly hit the inside of my guitar. Behind it was a ton of pennies and gum. I don't know how many pennies are in there because I can't get them all out without making the gum situation worse.

And the guitar I am currently talking about it my fender strat. I'll never leave any of them lying out again.
Quote by JMack

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...
Quote by fallinsuburbia
The guitar is pretty much not going to be able to be fixed, but its worth a shot.

Well I was playing and I heard something rattle a little, like slightly hit the inside of my guitar. Behind it was a ton of pennies and gum. I don't know how many pennies are in there because I can't get them all out without making the gum situation worse.

And the guitar I am currently talking about it my fender strat. I'll never leave any of them lying out again.

Oh that's easy then
There are only two compartments.. the back and the front.. I think. Just unscrew the panel (either the back panel or the pick guard) for whichever side the stuff is inside..

take off the strings first before you take off the pickguard if you have to.. won't hurt anything

seriously if it's just the back panel it should be no problem
Quote by Warhead666
How do you get pennies and gum INSIDE a strat?

just slip em in the back panel through the slot you stick strings through the block
Quote by amazingdm
just slip em in the back panel through the slot you stick strings through the block

Not big enough (the holes).
Quote by Warhead666
How do you get pennies and gum INSIDE a strat?

A family member, who hates me a lot, came over, was left alone with my strat in a room. I came back and she was sitting next to it as if nothing happened. I try to play it, well it went pretty much downhill from there. But next time I see her, I really would like to know that one.

Quote by Warhead666

Most of it is behind the pickguard.
Quote by JMack

Quote by Red.Washburn77

Cant you just take off the pickguard or the back panels and remove them?
Bring back Tabo
if i were u, id stick like 100 pennies into a sock, then the next time you see her just swing it across her face. ahh that would cheer me up ^_^ and you could also send the video to you ebaumsworld if you video tape it ^_^.
"If my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair."
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Leave the sh*t in there for now.

I'm guessing that this relative of yours isn't an adult. Take the guitar to her parents and make them pay for it.

Then get the crap out of the guitar.

Then go on a shopping spree with your new found wealth.

Then do the pennies in the sock thing. Just make sure that they're the pennies from the guitar. Also stick gum in her hair.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Leave the sh*t in there for now.

I'm guessing that this relative of yours isn't an adult. Take the guitar to her parents and make them pay for it.

Then get the crap out of the guitar.

Then go on a shopping spree with your new found wealth.

Then do the pennies in the sock thing. Just make sure that they're the pennies from the guitar. Also stick gum in her hair.

The family member is 18, almost 19, and is the most immature creature to walk the planet. But thanks for the help anyone who made a somewhat intelligent comment.
Quote by JMack

Quote by Red.Washburn77

step one: take off the back panel
step two: remove crap
step three: re-attach backpanel
step four: take off pickguard
step five: remove crap
step six: re-attach pickguard.

Seriously, you can't even screw up seriously where that's involved. They use standard but small phillips head recessed screws, but if you put the ones you take off in a dish or something as you take them off, it won't be an issue at all.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
plus, im thinking unless she had a screwdriver, its all got to be in the back trem cavity right?
there isnt even any wires (except one ground) in there. ull be fine.

back cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The most it'll cost is $15 dollars most just to replace the strings because you have to remove them to take of the pickguard.
Quote by Warhead666
The most it'll cost is $15 dollars most just to replace the strings because you have to remove them to take of the pickguard.

not even.. he can be smart about taking the strings off, and just put 'em back on...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Ok, just unscrew the parts where there is "gum" and "pennies" like said, its easy, just unscrew it and open it up.

I can advice 1 thing about how to remove sticky stuff, use lighter fluid. I always use lighter fluid to remove stickys and it does its job very well. As for the pennies, you can just shake your guitar up to drop it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Warhead666

Dude there's like a 3/4" by 4" oval hole back there on a lot of Strats