Ok, i have two questions, first:

I'm putting together a DIY guitar kit, cause its like 100 bucks and im bored. I would like a paint job like the one on the ESP Truckster . Any ideas for a good color combo and a good way to achieve that kind of look?

Second of all, is there any way to remove the the name on the front of a guitar cab?
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Quote by moomoocons

Second of all, is there any way to remove the the name on the front of a guitar cab?

yes but we need more details like is it painted or what what kind of cab
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
The only way to get the look of James Hettfields Truckster is to literally sand through the layers of paint. His I think is black red and primer, so if you want that same look you would have to lay down black then red then primer and sand certain parts back down through the primer and red to the black and smooth it out.
usually the brand name is just held on by screws or glue, but you would've already found a way around that if it be the case. a picture would help a lot.

i'm assuming you want the look like the paint is wearing in certain areas. one way to achieve that would go like this...

say you want a gunmetal grey look with red,white. and black "worn out" looking areas, like the truckster. well first lay down a few coats of black paint in the general area that you want your "wear spot" to be. second, apply a few more coats of white over it, then black, then your gunmetal grey.

now that you have the paint coats laid down, and it has dryed for a considerable amount of time, start sanding a bit where you were wanting that wear spot, sand the most in the center of where you want it, until you can see the black, sand a little less a bit outside of the black spot, then you will see the white you wanted, then go out a bit further to sand even less to see the red you were going for. but make sure you get enough paint where you are wanting the worn out looking spot, or you might sand all the way down to the wood, and have to go over the general area again.

the idea when they made the truckster's paintjob was to look like it had worn down in spots, and previous coats of paint had appeared, but they just painted over the gunmetal grey, as opposed to painting under it and sanding. it saved them paint and time. but if you want to be even more genuine than the look of wear on the truckster, my technique listed should help quite well.
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
Quote by put_it_on_mytab

The idea when they made the truckster's paintjob was to look like it had worn down in spots, and previous coats of paint had appeared, but they just painted over the gunmetal grey, as opposed to painting under it and sanding. it saved them paint and time. but if you want to be even more genuine than the look of wear on the truckster, my technique listed should help quite well.

Uh, on James' original truckster he sanded thru it himself I believe, I don't know why they wouldn't do it on all their other guitars, too... Its not that hard.. haha.

ESP even say its sanded thru on their website...

And the whole thing is about relicing something like that is that you don't have to use detail unless you want to copy something exactly.. so its pretty much like this:

Paint the coats of colors you want.

Sand around on where you want it to be 'worn'

you could probably put clearcoat over it to protect the guitar or something, too. I'd imagine that would be the best idea.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Jun 9, 2006,