Is there any way to erase the logo and get a new one lasered? I want to make a point to my freind. He belives that gibson is a billion times better than epiphone, so i want to get my epiphone, and get lasered the word gibson on it, and compare my epi les paul to his les paul and i want to hear what he says.
You can't and it illegal because gibsons are trademarked
Lets plat carpenter; we both get hammered then i nail you
but you could just get rid of the epi logo
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
illegal, only if you're selling it.

besides a lotta players with low budgets do that, so the stuck up guitarists accept them.
since a gibson heastock has "longer" top corners than an epi headstock, most people usually buy an entire gibson neck, and set it in an epiphone. some people change the pickups, all depending on what model epiphone they own.

btw, it isn't a laser imprint on the headstock. it's a few pieces (sometimes a single piece, depending on how intricate the design) of inlay . inlay is most commonly used in, but not limited to, headstocks and fretboards when it comes to guitars. there is a fairly wide variety of materials used for guitar inlay.
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
Quote by put_it_on_mytab
illegal, only if you're selling it.

besides a lotta players with low budgets do that, so the stuck up guitarists accept them.
since a gibson heastock has "longer" top corners than an epi headstock, most people usually buy an entire gibson neck, and set it in an epiphone. some people change the pickups, all depending on what model epiphone they own.

btw, it isn't a laser imprint on the headstock. it's a few pieces (sometimes a single piece, depending on how intricate the design) of inlay . inlay is most commonly used in, but not limited to, headstocks and fretboards when it comes to guitars. there is a fairly wide variety of materials used for guitar inlay.

oh so is it possibe at all, i had no intention of selling it by the way
replace the neck, and you're covered, unless it's got a rare paint scheme, but i'd assume he wouldn't know the difference in paint. also, you have to have a set-in neck. all gibsons have set necks as far as i know
Quote by uuhi
Quote by put_it_on_mytab
replace the neck, and you're covered, unless it's got a rare paint scheme, but i'd assume he wouldn't know the difference in paint. also, you have to have a set-in neck. all gibsons have set necks as far as i know

No...

You can even sell it as long as you don't advertise it as a gibson and all of that junk.
^true. i didn't think about that. i kinda assumed.
Quote by uuhi
Gibsons are trademarked, but you cant take the logo out of Gibsons because like stated earlier they are inlayed. But I do think the best bet for your situation would be to find a Gibson neck or even get one that had to be cut and try to mimic the Gibson headstock design. Then just bolt it on. He probably wouldnt know the difference. But he might. But I wouldnt try to inlay the gibson logo into your guitar that would be a pain in the ass. Just get a neck taht has to have the headstock cut. It will save you alot of time and effort trying to cut out a Gibson style headstock then inlay Gibson into your Epi pegboard.
I think the regular gold logo, is just a sticker they put on, and cleared over a coupel times.
Quote by ClaptonRules
Gibsons are trademarked, but you cant take the logo out of Gibsons because like stated earlier they are inlayed. But I do think the best bet for your situation would be to find a Gibson neck or even get one that had to be cut and try to mimic the Gibson headstock design. Then just bolt it on. He probably wouldnt know the difference. But he might. But I wouldnt try to inlay the gibson logo into your guitar that would be a pain in the ass. Just get a neck taht has to have the headstock cut. It will save you alot of time and effort trying to cut out a Gibson style headstock then inlay Gibson into your Epi pegboard.

yeah he knows that there is no bolton gibson
see, you can't inlay it without ass-painage, and you can't mimic the gibson headstock with an epiphone, because to do so would take off about 1/2 inch of the headstock, rendering a fairly obvious flaw in the design. the best way to go is get a gibson neck off of ebay. they usually sit around the $100 USD area. but you MUST have a set neck guitar of your own to put that gibson neck in, otherwise, you're screwed.
Quote by uuhi
Quote by put_it_on_mytab
see, you can't inlay it without ass-painage, and you can't mimic the gibson headstock with an epiphone, because to do so would take off about 1/2 inch of the headstock, rendering a fairly obvious flaw in the design. the best way to go is get a gibson neck off of ebay. they usually sit around the $100 USD area. but you MUST have a set neck guitar of your own to put that gibson neck in, otherwise, you're screwed.

You could very easily cover the headstock with black paint and put a sticker over the top of it then re-lacquer the face of the headstock I'm sure you can get 'gibson' decals on the internet somewhere.

i hope you can realize the differences (THE ****ING CORNERS!) and come to understand why it wouldn't be foolproof even to the untrained eye to make a gibson headstock out of an epiphone headstock
Quote by uuhi
n00b

seriouly, you have an epiphone, thats what your guitar is, no matter what you do. youve got a bolt on neck, gibsons are set neck, the headstock is different, there is no inlay on an epi, only on gibsons, its not worth the time or money to do it.

play the guitar you have, tell your friend to shove off, and be happy. ive never understood the obsession with lables (no, im not a hippie/anarchist/etc.) if you like your guitar, play it [and dont give a fuck about what it "is"

:edit: and all this buy a neck off ebay crap....if it were just that easy dont you think every fool with an epi would have a gibson neck....sure its possible (hell i put one on a strat) but its not worth it in the end
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
Quote by Evan50150
n00b

seriouly, you have an epiphone, thats what your guitar is, no matter what you do. youve got a bolt on neck, gibsons are set neck, the headstock is different, there is no inlay on an epi, only on gibsons, its not worth the time or money to do it.

He doesn't own the epiphone yet, he is hypothetically going to trick his friend. The headstock IS different. My gibson doesn't have an inlay, and there ARE set neck epis. You can get stickers that look just like inlay, cover them in clearcoat and WHAM it LOOKS like an inlay but its just a $5 sticker and some clear. You can carve the headstocks up to make it look like a Les Paul if you wanted, too.

play the guitar you have, tell your friend to shove off, and be happy. ive never understood the obsession with lables (no, im not a hippie/anarchist/etc.) if you like your guitar, play it [and dont give a fuck about what it "is"

What the ****? This isnt about his guitar, its about him proving to his friend that gibsons arent all they're cracked up to be. Did you even read the ****ing posts or were you too blinded by your misplaced anger to see the ****in point?

:edit: and all this buy a neck off ebay crap....if it were just that easy dont you think every fool with an epi would have a gibson neck....sure its possible (hell i put one on a strat) but its not worth it in the end

Ok? What the ****? How can YOU tell someone what something is worth to them? You can't! Its not very hard to glue a neck onto a body, either.

Threadstarter:

If you really wanted to make your friend look dumb you could strip the face of the headstock, shape the headstock, re-finish it w/ black or the color, and then apply a decal, then put clearcoat over the entire thing. If you do it right it'll look identical to a gibson, assuming you have a set necked guitar and you do a good job. Gibson tuners would help, too I'd imagine.