mesa dual recto Vs engl power ball

i woul slike somebody to compare and contrast these two in the following categories

Clean channel- whos clean channel is cleanst

distorsion-whos got the most distorsion

better features- what features set them apart

awesomeness-whats makes each one great. what styles is each one best suited for?

i'm lookin for an amp that can give me tones like children of bodom and other stuff like my chemical romance
IMO I would vote the Mesa Dual Recto. I've tried it and I really like it. The cleans are a bit 'meh' but the overdrive is great. I've never personally tried any ENGL, so I can't really compare, but I have heard GREAT things about the Powerball.
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
I've heard amazing things about Powerballs. Never gotten the chance to play one but from specs i've seen they're quite amazing. And those i've heard these reviews from are quite good. Mesa aren't bad either. I love them.
Go for the single, not the dual. You'll likely never be in a situation where you'll be able to turn a 100w tube amp up loud enough to make it sound good.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Go for the single, not the dual. You'll likely never be in a situation where you'll be able to turn a 100w tube amp up loud enough to make it sound good.

I second that. 50 watts tube it plenty loud. I have 100 watt and I have only had to turn it to 6 master 6 channel at most. My ears are ringing after that.
powerball

it's got fender cleans (*jizzum*) where the mesa has "meh" cleans.

power ball does blues, recto's dont.

powerball does good classic marshall tones, recto's dont.

powerballs get great hard rock tones, so does the mesa.

for metal, the powerball will kill you, rape you, and eat you ****ing costume. the mesa will hit you in the chest with a tree trunk.

at low volumes, the powerball will kill you, rape you, and eat your ****ing costume. the mesa will sound like a pea shooter.

at high volumes the powerball WILL ****ING KILL YOU, RAPE YOU AND EAT YOUR GOD DAMN MOTHER ****ING COSTUME. the mesa will hit you in the chest with a tree.

thats the most unbiased compare and contrast i could do

POWERBALL FTW.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by Archeo Avis

You could always get an attenuator like the Hotplate.
Current Gear
-LTD M-50
-Mesa Boogie 3 Channel Dual Rectifer
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
-Peavey Rage 158
well the dual has one extra channel over the single

gpderek please tell be the powerball weres a condom. (trojan magnums )

so is the powerball that good? and what cab shoul di get with it?
here we go again....

I just purchased a Dual.... so i'm all for it. I hear a lot about ENGL's though so I think I would hear it before I make a move. The Mesa Dual is so choice though.... man! Anyway... good luck... (caugh) Mesa...
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
i play mesas alot and the clean tone isnt great but with a good chorus pedal its pretty good, and why cant you guys figure out how to get a blues sound out of a mesa its so simple take the clean channel set it at pushed and boom auto blues, ive never tried a power ball but i do love mesas distortion heavy but clear but i also practice in a sound proof room and can crank it
^ dude you don't think i did that? it was majorly bland and boring.

they don't make condoms big enough for powerballs. you'd better bring the ky because it's gonna be INTENSE.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by havoc104
You could always get an attenuator like the Hotplate.

Well congratulations, you've just payed a grand extra to make a dual rectifier sound like the much cheaper single.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
how much does a powerball go for in america? I've officialy come to the conclusion my fender deville is an ass belonker, and it does not fit my musical tastes at all.
Quote by charvel_man

Quote by HomerHitter
how much does a powerball go for in america? I've officialy come to the conclusion my fender deville is an ass belonker, and it does not fit my musical tastes at all.

Ass belonker? You been watching south park? It's "spelunker"
$1800 new for the head.

used $100-$1500.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by Archeo Avis
Ass belonker? You been watching south park? It's "spelunker"

exactly

thanks, and I'm guessing you mean $1000-1500 instead of $100-1500?
Quote by charvel_man

^ yeah, that.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565