You guys must get this everyday.. so bare with me! I am going to be purchasing a guitar in the next couple of weeks (If i can find the right one) but I am not an expert as to what type of guitar I should get... I like to play stuff like metallica, black sabbath, nirvana, stuff like that. I don't think i will be playing much clean tone'd stuff. What kind of guitar would you guys suggest for me to look into? How about pickups? Thanks in advance! (Price range between 500-700 USD).
A Jackson would be perfect but since its a little out of your price range i would have to say a MIM fender strat
Lets plat carpenter; we both get hammered then i nail you
Quote by jasonsol
You guys must get this everyday.. so bare with me! I am going to be purchasing a guitar in the next couple of weeks (If i can find the right one) but I am not an expert as to what type of guitar I should get... I like to play stuff like metallica, black sabbath, nirvana, stuff like that. I don't think i will be playing much clean tone'd stuff. What kind of guitar would you guys suggest for me to look into? How about pickups? Thanks in advance! (Price range between 500-700 USD).

Epihone SG, the Tony Iommi signature guitar has good pickups.
You can get a Gibson SG special faded also.
Or an Epiphone Sg G-400.
Quote by Icarus66
look at the jackson mg series. don't buy a strat...

+1
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Cool, i might have more money, say around 1000 dollarsish i am not certain yet. However i will look into all jacksons, maybe get it off ebay (try it instores of course :P). Thanks guys!