Page 1 of 2
I have enough money saved up to buy the Angus Young Signature Gibson SG or the JEM7V Steve Vai Signature Ibanez and was wondering which would be the better choice. I play mostly Punk and modern Rock.
Lets plat carpenter; we both get hammered then i nail you
Quote by Warhead666
Get the Steve Vai.

Whats the real difference in sound
go play them and what ever you like buy
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
hmm. I would say get a Standard SG or Les Paul instead of a Signature. An SG/LP fits your style more than an JEM would.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Vandaliztik

I have to order one from musicians friend and they dont have them at any local stores so i cant play em
i would get the sg, just cause sgs are my favorite, but the Jem is a very very nice guitar
Okay the Angus Young SG is A WASTE OF MONEY Angues used an SG standard, or a '61 reisue. So buying the AY Signature is a waste. The Jem is a damn nice guitar. The SG suits the style better tho.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
get them both because since they are artist signature guitars, they are so much higher quality and will make you play so much better and they are worth the extra 2000 dollars!!! The artist signature guitar idea is not just a scheme to get you to pay more money because the people you worship used the guitar!! the difference between the regular standard edition of the guitar and the signature version is VERY GREAT!!!!
Quote by Vandaliztik

dude for real, these threads annoy the hell out of me

we DON'T KNOW what you want, so we CAN'T HELP you
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
get them both because since they are artist signature guitars, they are so much higher quality and will make you play so much better and they are worth the extra 2000 dollars!!! The artist signature guitar idea is not just a scheme to get you to pay more money because the people you worship used the guitar!! the difference between the regular standard edition of the guitar and the signature version is VERY GREAT!!!!

umm. i believe he said the Sg OR the JEM, not both. I'd say JEM ftw.
You're obviously equating price with quality ( ), which IS NOT the case. These guitars are good, but you're just buying them because they have big names on them.

Get a Gibson Les Paul standard. It will suit you MUCH better. Is this like your first guitar or something? (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IT BETTER NOT BE!)

anywho...
theres is one word that describes the jem UnF***ingbeliable
It's beatiful, i would go with the jem all the way
also your local guitar center should have them both to play
Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?- Ron White
Quote by some-random-nam
theres is one word that describes the jem UnF***ingbeliable
It's beatiful, i would go with the jem all the way
also your local guitar center should have them both to play

He can't even play them (no local stores have them, apparently), so I suggest he DOES NOT get a $3000 guitar that doesn't even suit his style.
Quote by Icarus66

'and will make you play so much better' <-- okay you do that.

get the jem, with that wizard neck mmm it plays so much faster than an sg, i wouldn't trade my rg1570 for the world with that wizard neck and all that, and a jem...i would die for.
Quote by theusedsk8er
'and will make you play so much better' <-- okay you do that.

get the jem, with that wizard neck mmm it plays so much faster than an sg, i wouldn't trade my rg1570 for the world with that wizard neck and all that, and a jem...i would die for.

ok. So what if it plays faster? have you ever heard of a thing called tone?

first off
your Rg 1570 = basswood... enough said

the Jem = Alder. thats good for piercing leads..

the SG = mahogany, great for rythmn, and this guy's choice of styles
sg for those styles...but dude you could get a supreme for like 2000$ ... and then with the leftover get a nice tube combo
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

One or the other, I would DEFINITELY choose the jem. Especially the bad horise...damn that thing looks badass.

And all these people saying that "american basswood or alder" sucks compared to mahogany is all bull****. Those jem's are equiped with awesome dizmarios and have an amazing range of versatility, stabililty and sound.

With what Vai does, **** man that guitar could not get out of tune if you tried.
Ones an overpriced SG that isnt even true to the Artist. And one is an overpriced RG with gaudy aesthetics. Me thinks you should get a nice SG that feels good and pickup a decent RG for about the same price as one of those.

My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Uh, if you want a piece of crap SG that is 1000 overpriced only for the name and the bridge that won't stay in tune, Angus Young.

If you want a lead guitar, JEM.
haha
Quote by TTHX

With what Vai does, **** man that guitar could not get out of tune if you tried.

Actually I can. All i do is turn the fine tuners.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
les paul is a big name.....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
I'd buy the JEM, just my opinion, I think it's a little more versatile than the SG.
Signature guitars are not my thing. I don't understand why they're made. The players they are made for don't even use them have the time, Angus doesn't use it as far as I know, he only uses a Standard.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
You are gonna spend 2000+ bucks on a guitar you aren't gonna even try out before buying?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I'd get an SG standard and use the leftover 1000 bucks to get a nice amp to go with it.

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Bottom line is.. this guy isn't going to buy either. If you follow his other posts, he has very poor credibility
lucky rich ho

get the vai, last 4 frets are scalloped, awesome seymour duncan's, feels great out of the box, you can unscrew the tremolo like vai and use it as an improvised slide ( ), frets are easier to reach, and it all aroud pwns.. the angus young one is good but your payin for his name... if you really like AC/DC get the SG standard (what he uses) and get the angus young signature humbucker
Quote by rayIII
lucky rich ho

get the vai, last 4 frets are scalloped, awesome seymour duncan's, feels great out of the box, you can unscrew the tremolo like vai and use it as an improvised slide ( ), frets are easier to reach, and it all aroud pwns.. the angus young one is good but your payin for his name... if you really like AC/DC get the SG standard (what he uses) and get the angus young signature humbucker

Not even that. The '57 Classic's do the job fine. Angus used them alot.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
The SG is way better.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
JEM. the monkey grip is just plain awesome.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
WTF, why are you still postin???!!! He's ****ing banned, and prob won't be back in time to see this thread again. STOP POSTING! This is dead.
get an SG

haha sry i just wanted to piss that guy off ^^^ :P

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
get an SG

haha sry i just wanted to piss that guy off ^^^ :P

Quote by richwatkinson
I think a strat would better suit you.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal